Pregnancy: March 2010 Babies Community
13 mths pregnant and always hungry!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2010.

13 mths pregnant and always hungry!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this... this is great!
It's my 1st pregnancy, I'm 38 and I'm always hungry. I'm a small girl to begin with, 5'3" 118 lbs and I don't want to over do it but at the same time, my body screams when I'm hungry. I could eat 4 eggs, fruit, yogurt and 1 hr later, I'm hungry again.
Is this normal because I know it's not in my head. My stomach growls... loud .... when I'm hungry.
At 12 wks I had only gained 6 lbs and not very hungry but this past week has been crazy. I'm scared that if this continues I'll become overweight and it'll be difficult to loose the weight after I give birth.

Please reply to this and tell me your story. I'd love for someone to tell me it's all normal.
  • Weight Gain (7 replies):
    Ok I lost 8 pounds since my last visit to my OBs office ...[more]
  • 22 pounds (17 replies):
    I'm 35 weeks and gained 22 pounds. Everyone says I'm sup...[more]
  • Weight. (6 replies):
    I was over weight to start with at 150lbs and 5'2'' tall...[more]
  • weight (4 replies):
    How do you keep from putting on no more then 30lbs. Expe...[more]
  • weight gain (2 replies):
    so i have gained 40 pounds already and im only 33w3d but...[more]
You probably want to post this on the Pregnancy 35+ forum for a better answer. Maybe someone here can help but this forum is for Women that are due in October. The Pregnancy 18-24 Forum has more members with a variety of experience.

With that aside I did have moments when I was pregnant where I was hungry all the time. I just ate and really didnt worry about the weight gain. However I didnt gain as much as you mentioned.  lol I would address your concerns with your drs. Maybe you should try many small meals a day.  Good Luck!