Pregnancy: March 2011 Babies Community
stress at work

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2011.

stress at work

Hi all hope your well, not sure if i'm on the right part but i could do with some advice.
I'm 25weeks pregnant i'm still in full time work and getting very stressed out i'm a self employed hairdresser at a hair salon and when i say self employed i mean more like employed as its how i get treated by the owner i have to have set dinner breaks wear certain clothes and clock in and out and have set times at work, hes recently put the hours up at work and has basically done it as "its my way or the high way" and i can't do anything about it because i am "selfemployed" also my ankles have been mega swelling up because i am on my feet alday(i have spoke to the midwife about this and i have to keep putting my feet up but this is hard when i have clients, also my bloodpressure is fine) i'm just worrying about the busy xmas period that is coming up, longer hours, more clients and constantly on my feet. could anyone give me some advice because i'm constantly worrying all the time and i no getting stressed out is not good for the baby, should i leave work? or try and stick at it? HELP?
I also work full time but thankfully sit in front of a computer all day. If I were you I would do what is best for the baby. If you are able to afford to be off of work for a litttle bit I would definitely consider it. Sounds like your boss has very little consideration for your situation. Luckily for you since you are "self-employed" it should not be that hard to find a job in another salon after your little one comes. Good luck to you. I hope you can destress as much as possible for your little one =)
I completely understand..im a flight attendant and they want me to keep working 14hrs a day on my feet in a big metal tube in the sky!
Employers can own us in these situations but if your getting 2 stressed out you need to ask if theres another way.
Being pregnant is hard enough on us without the added pressure of neglect/abuse that are boss puts on us.
Bottom line your health/feelings are going to your baby.
Dont do something rash and quit before finding out if theres other resources...but do look.