Pregnancy: March 2012 Babies Community
False Labor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2012.

False Labor

They admitted me to the hospital on Monday to stop contractions.  Am 36-37 weeks now. They want baby to wait at least until 38 weeks.  Read up it was probably what they call prodromal or false labor.

Anyway after 24 hours they successfully stopped the contractions and I'm home and supposedly on bed rest - as much as one can be with a 3 YO to look after.  Am feeling very frustrated by the whole experience and kind of feel that this was making a mountain out of a molehill.  I am going to be totally humilliated if baby then doesn't come until 40 weeks after all this effort and money to stop the contractions.

Next appointment is 12th March.  She will be about 38 weeks then.   Considering I am diabetic my Dr says they don't want her to go too far past that.  However, I have had good control and if baby is not 'big' and she's not (and I've only gained about 15 lbs the whole pregnancy) I would want to refuse induction "just because" I am diabetic.  I would only consider induction if I go past 40 weeks (unlikely - but who knows)...  

Anyway I'm on bedrest this week and then next week I'm encouraged to start walking a lot!  

Regardless she will be here in the next 2 weeks or so.

Her name will be Lauren Madison
Strange that they stopped contractions at 36-37 weeks.. Not like you were 30-34 weeks and were super early to start labor, especially considering you're diabetic. I would have thought they'd just let you continue to labor, if it was real active labor. Soon enough she'll make her way into the world!
They told me that 37 weeks is still borderline and baby could have difficulty breathing and drinking.  So they want her to wait at least until 38 weeks.