Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
24 Weeks and liitle movement from baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

24 Weeks and liitle movement from baby

Sometimes I get that fluttering feeling and know now that it's the baby moving, not my stomach rumbling because im hungry or because I have indigestion (although thay still does happen). After our Thanksgiving dinner is when I felt the most movement from baby, but since then I have not noticed a flutter/kick that happens d aily. Since most of us are at the same point in our pregnancies, has anyone else experienced the sae thing? How often are you feeling movement on a daily basis? How strong are the kicks/movements? Maybe I am not noticing as much m as I go through my day and it is happening more often than I know. Ooh as I am typing I felt a couple rumbles below my belly button.
Around thanksgiving is when I started feeling my baby kicking and moving a lot and when I lay down at night I can actually see the movement. Usually I feel my baby kicking a lot at night time. His kicks are getting really strong now that now I notice how he is positioned and his sleeping cycle. U may not notice a lot of movement during the day because when u walk around the baby falls asleep faster because its like rocking her/him to sleep. I wouldnt really worry about when they start kicking, I was getting worried at first but then I feel a little kick. Sometimes the baby kicks hard and sometimes dont really move a lot. Dont worry tho:)
I worry too much and appreciate your reasurrance. I also notice more now at night when I'm relaxed and watching tv before I fall asleep, but the kicks don't feel strong yet. When are you due?
Just realized from another post I read...we are due on the same day!
I am 24 weeks today. I was lucky and have been able to feel baby since 16 weeks. I know that most women don't start feeling baby till around weeksv20-24. So I would say that you are normal, and not to worry.
I feel baby the most at bedtime, r when I am relaxing watching tv. Just in the last few days I have started to feel him urging the day time.
I didn't feel any real movements and kicks till about 2 weeks ago. My doctor would be checking the baby's heart rate and you could hear her moving around and he would ask me if I felt any of it but I didn't. I think a lot of it has to do with my height, I'm 5'10, my doctor also said this was why I've only gained 3 lbs. I guess if your tall the baby just has more room to move and stretch and you just don't feel as much movement.
I would agree with that, only 5ft tall and I've been feeling him since before 20 weeks and he just keeps getting stronger. I have a very short torso and I feel him from my pelvis to my ribs.  He's gonna run out of room soon. I'm 26 weeks right now.
What are you all measuring at when you go to the OB? At 25 weeks my belly is 25 cm. Pre baby weight I was 108 (before the wedding) and now I am 140! I feel like 32lbs is a lot to gain.

shdwlite-I am 5ft as well, but didn't feel or at least recognize the kicks as early as you. Is this your first pregnancy?

I think I am just now since my initial post recognizing that I am feeling kicks and that it's not indigestion. :) I have been feeling baby kick more now during the day, after I eat when I then lay on the couch, at night before I sleep, middle of the night which is what usually wakes me up, and after my husband and I are intimate. It has been the most amazing moments of bonding when he puts his hand on my belly. I want to make sure that my husband does not feel left out of the joy that pregnancy truly brings.
It also has to do with location of your placenta.sometimes your baby has more cushioning and you won't feel him as much