Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
35 weeks first time Mom

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

35 weeks first time Mom

I'm 35 weeks and getting really anxious about being a mom this was an unexpected and unplanned pregnancy.i keep being told i should be excited but I'm not all the time I'm worried about not doing things right and i don't feel i have the mommy instincts that i should even at the age of 27 i have no idea what I'm doing...i should be happy to be having my little girl and the father is amazing but I'm so confused although little things like when she gets the hiccups and rolls around makes me smile what can i do to be ready to be a good mom and feel less anxious
These feeling are normal. Most first time mom's have anxiety about parenthood...wanting to make sure they do everything right, plan for everything they can...etc. These are very healthy feelings and most women have them at some point. No matter how much you plan and think your ready for baby, you're not...and that's normal too. It's a completely new experience and you learn as you go. Once that baby is in your arms, your natural instincts kick in and you will build you confidence in your parenting skills. This is all normal. Hang in there and it will all be worth it!
I am 35 weeks as well, and I am a first time mom. I am a lot older than you though, I am 40 almost 41.
We are very excited about our son. We like to think that we are ready, but we really don't knw if we are or not. I guess we will just have to figure things out as we go. We do have a great support system, so I am not too worried.
I think it is normal to be anxious and worried.  I think the thing that I am most worried about is his safe arrival, and how he is going to come into the world. I am very frightened at the idea of natural birth. I am hoping I will be able to get a csection.
I must say also, I'm expecting number 3 and still get those feelings that I'm not ready and I think I forgot how to do somethings lol. Every baby is so different too that you have to cope with them. Believe me I don't feel ready for this one but I know ill be fine once she is here