3D/4D ultrasound
I am 21 weeks pregnant and today I had a 3D/4D ultrasound session. It was amazing! We saw our son yawn, stretch, suck his thumb, kick, squiggle, etc.... It was a wonderful experience. We also have a DVD of the entire session so we can watch it whenever we want and a cd of pictures of our little guy. We went for the deluxe package. We get to go for another session in 5 weeks to see the changes in him. They say that at 26 weeks we will see his features. He is the spitting image of his daddy. I was hoping he would look a little like me, but he doesn't. But he sure is cute :)
Thats great and so exciting!!  
That is really exciting! Don't you wish you could watch him all th
All the time? :) did you go to your ob for this? I dont think mine does the 3d other than the first trimester screening/nucltranslucency test. Is the package really expensive?
I went to a private clinic called "uc baby". It was very reasonable. I bought the gold package. Which gives you two sessions, and photos on CDs, and 2 printed photos of your choice at each session for $229.  Then I paid an extra $25 to have a DVD of the entire session. That DVD is amazing. I get to see my baby squirm and move whenever I want now. I love to watch my little guy. He even waves at me in one part of the video. I can't wait to go back for my next session at 26 weeks.
That is really amazing and sounds like something Id love to do! Awww...he waved?!! How cute!
It is amazing. II can't wait to go again. My next appointment for the 3d/4d ultrasound is December 17. I can't wait to see the changes.
Keep me posted!
I also used a ultrasound clinic similar to that for my gender ultrasound, I got a DVD of the ultrasound and a cd with individual pictures, and they printed out several cute pictures for me. It was $50 and they offer the 3D ultrasound at 26 weeks for $150 and give you about the same package. I'm from southern West Virginia and the ultrasound clinic I use is called Peek-a-Boo. I'm 24 w+5 days right now and I can't wait to do the 3D after Christmas or I could do it before and give my hubby the DVD for a present
I am really wanting to do the 3D as well but my husband wants to save money and he said that he wants to wait until he gets to see the baby after delivery. What can I do to convince him?! Did your significant others need much convincing?  :)
No, I didn't need to convince my hubby. He was as excited as I was.
We didn't think it was that expensive. We would just skip eating out for a meal or two, and it pays for it right there.
It was well worth the money for us. With the last 2 pregnancies not working out. It was worth it for the reassurance that baby was ormal, growing well, and very active.
Gave us peace of mind. I have been able to relax since. Before I was waiting for something to go wrong, and everything worried me.
I'm sorry that you had to deal with not such positive experiences before, but now being reassured by going for the 3D ultrasound. How are you feeling otherwise? I don't quite understand why my OBs office won't automatically do a 3rd trimester ultrasound. They kept saying insurance wouldn't cover it but I have a pretty good plan, at least I thought. I think they also said if there's reason to do it if the pregnancy was high risk then they would. I understand how you feel. I need some more reasurrance so maybe I can convince my husband that it would positively affect my stress level and that we can cut back on getting pizza everytime there's a football game on. :)
I am feeling great! Still working full time, etc. baby is very active, so that is great. I sure miss sleep though, little guy likes to kick when I am trying to sleep.
I think you would feel great reassurance if you could go for tha ultrasound. It is an amazing bonding time with baby. Instead of going for medical measurements and such. This appointment is for your viewing pleasure of baby. This is all about baby! You see them sucking thier thumb, squiggling around, yawning, etc. for 30 mins or longer.
I can't wait one more day till my 2ndvappointment. Can't wait to see him sweet face again.