Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
Baby shopping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

Baby shopping

Has anyone begun to buy anything? If not when do you plan on starting to buy stuff? I want to start now because I know the sex of my baby but my family has this old belief about not being stuff so early. I'm 20 weeks so I guess I better wait until Janurary. I just see so much cute girl stuff and sales that I don't want to wait. We started a saving just for baby stuff but I want to buy now. I'm due March 31st day after my bday. So that just makes me even more excited. What are y'all doing waiting or buying little by little?
I m 23+5 due in march 12... I m waiting to be 30+ wks thn buy nything.. I m only preparing my maternity bag including my stuff... Coz labour cn happen ny time from... I always pray for full term labour bt u cn never be sure..
Oh ok with my last pregnancy I brought things around this time cause I kept finding great deals. Plus it lifted me and my moms spirit after losing my grandmother. I found an eddie beaur car seat for $26 at target and a bunch of other stuff. I have to buy all new things again since I gave everything away.
I am 22 weeks and I am buying stuff now. I want to start getting things while I am feeling well enough to do it. Plus I have my full income right now. Once it gets closer to te time, I will have less money.
Thats a good idea. I know money will be tight once I'm on leave cause I only get pay for one of my jobs. Since my sons tuition takes a chunk out of my income I will need to be smart about my money. I think I may need to think how you're thinking about preparing for baby. What things have you already purchased?
my husband is saving money for baby things... he is not afraid to spend money... we have seen some cheap deals for cot and car seat etc... but we r waiting for our 26wks appointment which is in 2 wks... thn we probably will start buying stuff... i have bought some clothes 0-3months... even though i know wht i m having bt we probably going to buy some yellow colour new born clothes jst incase they have gotten gender wrong :)
Well I just wanted to start with the essentials like bottles, breast feeding materials, and so forth not really clothes. I can't wait to buy clothes though.
I am lucky. My best friend has 2 boys and the younger one is about to turn one, so I am buying all her stuff. I have playpen, stroller, jolly jumper, etc...etc..... Also all the baby clothes, toys that they have out grown.
The only things I need are diaper bag, and feeding stuff. She gave me a breast pump, I am going to try and breast feed. But you never know. Maybe have to be ready for bottles. It is nice my son will be a year behind hers, and I can get all of his old stuff, and save lots of money.
That'd how I ended up with so much stuff when I was pregnant with my son. So many people gave me some great used stuff. They took such good care of all their baby things. Plus I had a shower at school. It was my last semester in college. So my best friend and her sisters set up one before graduation. Then my dads family had one for me. idk if I'll have that much stuff to receive this time. Most of my friends are done having kids and they don't have any of their girl stuff anymore. I'm going to check out once upon a child. Its a consignment store here.
I am having a second shower; my oldest is five and I gave everything away and my fiances' oldest will be turning 10 in Jan so there really is nothing left over for our child....some think its odd or selfish to have a second shower but I don't really care what others think and esp if its for the baby and will be put to good use. I have bought a few things a boy and girl outfit (just in case they were wrong on the ultrasound) for coming home from the hospital; a "brag book" for the ultrasound and hospital pics; a beautiful gender neutral blanket; some bibs; and a top that says "moms tired, dads gonna, call 1800 grandma"
I'm 30w +3 I believe. I gave myself a budget basically. One outfit or need a week.  Roughly $10-15.  So far the NEEDS are almost entirely met.  Bottles, nuks, pump, premie & newborn clothes (my 8lb 4oz daughter fit into premie lol), playpen, changing table, bassinet.  Today hubby gave me the go to put up the registry for the things I want... and we will either buy or advertise that for our baby shower. I am honestly hoping for a mamaroo and no swings/bouncy seats.  When you see a deal - I say grab it. I made a bin for receipts, and I will continue to be thrifty. The playpen we purchased just dropped $25 and after calling I found out I can go pick that $25 up!  It's exciting and i'd say go for it!
I can now safely begin to purchase items. My family is superstitious so I tried to wait now I'm worried with all that's going on I might have waited to late. I'm not due until march 31st but anything can happen and I don't want to be caught with my draws down. I an having a hard time trying to pick a date for the shower cause my mom thinks february is to early and my friend who is planning will be out of town the first weekend of march. More I don't want to have one. We plan on buying all the big things ourselves next month anyway so really no point of a shower. I am going to pack my hospital bag this month since I don't know what to expect. My son was delivered by cesarean at 38 weeks. He hadn't turned yet but my doctor swear I had to do it. Scared cause I don't know what out feels like to go into labor but I hope she stays in the oven for as long as she can. Specially with us moving this month.