Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
Breathing problems normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

Breathing problems normal?

Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks pregnant with my little boy and I been having breathing problems. I read that its normal during 3rd trimester but is it normal at 26 weeks? I was weighing about 132 pounds in the start and now I weigh 150 pounds so I have gained weight during my pregnancy, does my breathing problems have anything to do with that or is it normal? I was thinking of going to the hospital to get it checked out but I dont know if it is normal to have breathing problems during 26 weeks? My next doctor appointment is December 20th and dont know if I should just wait. Please let me know if this is normal. Thank u :)
When do the problems occur? Does it happen when you're laying down, going up stairs, exercising? I am at the same point in my pregnancy exactly...I get most out of breath when I walk up the steps to my apartment (3 flights). My pre pregnancy weight was 108 because I was getting married so I was on a crazy diet and exercise routine but now I am at 142 at 26 weeks. I say make sure you are exercising regularly to keep your health in check. My doc said it makes carrying the baby easier and then will make delivery better than if you were to do no exercise at all. She recommended swimming, walking and the olyptical machine. I've been doing water aerobics at my gym and although it feels like I'm not doing much I feel while I'm in the water it more after I get out of the pool.. It really is the best kind of exercise later in the pregnancy. If you are feeling out of breath or can't catch your breath while you're laying down I would call your doctor over the weekend...they all have an after hours emergency line if you are really scared about this and think you can't wait until your Thursday appt.. The doc on call will be able to tell you if you need to take care of it sooner. Keep posted about how you're doing.