Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
Curious

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

Curious

At how many weeks do you start going twice a month? I forgot when I started seeing my doc twice a month. Also has anyone had a VBAC? I am really nervous about this but my doc wants me to go that route. My soon does have asthma and was developmentally delayed. I had what I thought was a healthy and normal pregnancy but a crazy doctor. He forced me to have my baby (emergency c-section) at 38 weeks telling me there was no fluid around my baby and there was no fetal movement on the monitor. I didn't believe him  but I was to scared to take a chance. At the start of my third trimester he kept trying to force me to set a date to deliver. He preferred 38 weeks on a tuesday and I kept saying no and even had my mom with me one visit and they had words. I wish I had got another doctor although it was so late in the pregnancy. I have found out that he does all his patients like that and had even been sued a few times. Someone close to my mother lost her baby because of him and I also found out he no longer practices. With that said I am interested in a VBAC but I'm so scared. Can someone tell me about their experience if they have ever had one.
i believe at 30 weeks you start going every two weeks but it's up to your doctor.
Ok thanks! Just curious because I'm thinking about my deductible starting over in january.
lol yea i hear that. i was just told i needed to pay $460+ UP FRONT prior to birth in order for my OB to deliver!!!!
I am so glad that I live in Canada. You don't have to pay to see your obgyn, or for the hospital. My medical is covered by work and costs me nothing. I feel blessed. The only thing I have to pay for is my sons circumsion, it is $200. That isn't covered under medical.
That must be tough for you moms that have to pay for everything.
Yea I have to pay 560 by my 28th week. I'm hoping that my bf will pay that with his income taxes and then I'll give him back my half when I do mine in february. If not I'll just change doctors to one that doesn't ask for that before the baby is born. I think its awful you have to pay that kind of money before the baby gets here. We have a lot on our plate with my sons tuition and him having to get a new car. His car was beyond being repaired this time which ducks since he paid 450 thinking that the mechanic could fix it. We can't share vehicles cause he works 40 minutes from home and goes in at 6am. So I'm glad he found something affordable cause he needed it.
I live in the states. The only time I had to pay was for my first OB visit ($15 co pay) and after that it was covered under the pregnancy plan/no co-pay.Then at the hospital in order to deliver, I think it's $100. As far as I know, with my insurance, I don't have to pay for anything else wth OB visits. It was recommended that I see a cardiologist for myself. Because they were doing tests like and EKG and Echo, they said there was no co-pay.  Ooh didn't even think about the cost of circumcision...I need to look itno that.

Cutter1974- I heard that in Canada, women get a yr of paid maternity leave?! Is this true?? I am a teacher and our leave policy is not too hot. We have to use the first 20 days of our sick leave, then get 2 weeks paid and then have to use the rest of our leave for the remainder/however long we choose to take off.
Oh wow my leave is awesome just because its according to what you have already accumulated. I have 250 of sick leave and like 200 of annual. So I am definitely trying to be out 10 weeks. I need a break since I've been working 2 jobs.
my doctor has me set up to go 2x per month and I'm 30w. He requested it at 26w though the norm where I live is 28w.  Honestly... I go every 4 weeks unless I have concerns. I have a fetal heart monitor and preferred not to be poked. This is my preference as I've had 3... tho i don't suggest it for everyone.