Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
Stop working

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

Stop working

When is everyone stopping work? I am going to be going on early leave as of Feb.1st. I will be almost 34 weeks then. I am wondering is that about normal?
I have a high stress and physical job sometimes. I find it harder to breath and move around. I am also having troubles with Braxton hicks and not getting much sleep.
I am curious to how everyone else is doing and how they are coping with working and when to stop.
I'm almost 32 weeks with  a high stress physical job. I asked my doc to put me on leave this week since it is just getting to hard to do anything. And like you said, not sleeping well is wearing on me too. Everyone seems to think its too early but I feel I need to rest since I'm high risk also. And the contractions are pretty strong when I'm trying to walk around. I always say just listen to what u think is right.
Thank you for your response. Sounds like we are having the same things happen. Glad I am not the only one going thru this, and making the decision to go on early leave.
It was hard to make that decision since I don't like sitting at home and I have 2 other children but for my health and the baby, it was the best one. I always say do what you think is right, so take it easy.
Well. I am officially done work now. Friday was my last day. Now I have to learn to relax......
I am trying to work up until the last day unless I'm put on bed rest. I teach and have a number of deadlines that I have to meet. Also don't have a great leave policy in our county so any extra sick days I can save up until the end will definitely help!

What are you ladies planning on doing now that you'll be off of work early? I have been swimming/taking water aerobics (but its not high impact by any means). Its quite therapeutic....

Hope you take it easy and get your rest before baby comes.
I am a funeral Director and Embalmer. It was getting harder and harder to do my job. I can't be around formaldehyde so I can't embalm.
I am not sure what I am going to do with myself now that I am off work. I am hoping to get some much needed rest, but I am not sure if I can. I am so used to working, not sure I can stay away. Hahahahaha I also live above the funeral home so every time I go to leave somewhere I have to walk thru work. And then I get side tracked.
I am really lucky that I live in Canada. We have great benefits here. You can take a year off of work and get unemployment insurance. I think it is around 55% or 60% of your normal wage. It isn't a lot, but it is enough. I feel blessed that I will have this year to send with my son.
Since I have been off I have been trying to relax but being high risk, i now have to have 2 nst a week and weekly doc appt with 2 diff docs my regular and my high risk. I also have a 5 yr old and 2 yr old so no rest for me lol.
Yah, it sounds like you have quite a busy schedule. No time for the rest you need! Hopefully things will calm down a bit, so you can ge some much needed rest.
Lol thank you. I kinda miss working instead of this hectic schedule.