backpain
I am a first time mom and i am 26 weeks +3 days. All day i have been having awful backpain. I've had backpain before but just little spasms and now its like in the center of my back and hurts for like thirty seconds then goes away and comes back. Its a lot more intense than the other backpain i was having. Any idea why it would be hurting all of a sudden?
I had the same around 18-24w. Your Dr  might check for sciatica but that's so extremely rare and affects your legs. I went to PT and learned stretches.... I'd suggest looking up back pain stretches.
oh okay, thanks so much! :)
I was convinced my back pain was due to siatica, but I haven't seen the doctor for it yet as it comes and goes. My pain is in my lower back along the coxic. Initially I thought it had to do with the type of shoes I was wearing flats with lack of arch support. I tried using a heating pad for a very short time to relieve the discomfort...not sure if its a safe alternative to medication.
Nichole-How long did you go to the PT? What week of the pregnancy are you in now? How about you adysmama? I'm at 24 weeks now.