Pregnancy: March 2013 Babies Community
secretly...expecting..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in March 2013.

secretly...expecting..

I'm seven weeks today. I just turned 18 and haven't seen a doctor. I don't want them to tell my parents what should I do? According to medhelp I'm due March 30th
Tags: Parenting
If your 18 now they shouldn't tell your parents or anyone anything if you don't consent to it. Make sure that your drs office understands you dont want anyone having access to your medical records.
Best of luck to you my dear!
Ginger
Thank you so much I'll just make sure to ask in advance I have a check up on Thursday should I just tell them when I come in? I am also supposed to be getting a pap >.<
It's illegal for the doctor to give out your personal information without permission, but as time go on you should let your parents know for your safety and help,
hey jessie,
congratulations on your pregnancy! i agree, the doctor can't tell on you so you should go for a check up. tell them you are pregnant, they may wait on the pap with this info, depending on the doctor of course. don't forget to start a prenatal vitamin if you haven't already. the first few months are the most important when it comes to development so the extra vitamins are important.
i would say share your news with your parents. you have a few weeks until you start to show but it will eventually be evident. you can probably get away with saying you were waiting for week 12 before sharing your news but after that its more like you are avoiding something. you never know how they will react, sometimes you think they'll be mad but then they find out and they are accepting and wanting to help. i just think its important to include family, no matter the possible judgement its best not to with hold news of a grandchild. of course is entirely up to you what you do, its just a suggestion.
i hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Thank you guys(: