Aa
A
A
Close
My Little Lucky Charm
Miss Caeleigh Maeve was born on St. Patrick's Day at 7:47 pm via c-section. 7lbs 9 ounces, 19.5 inches. Went to the hospital the 16th to be induced, but I spent most of the night waiting because I was having contractions on my own. At around 4 in the morning the contractions slowed and I wasn't dilating so they inserted the little pill thing onto my cervix. "Try and rest." They said... hard to rest when you have a psycho nurse being rude and condescending all night. When the shift change finally came at 7am I told the resident to NOT let her near me again. Anyway, my water broke around 7:30am and it had meconium in it. Contractions were present and not too bad, but I was dilating and i was getting exhausted. Tried the rocking chair and birthing ball and they were definitely relaxing. Around 3pm I was still not dialated and only 70% effaced they decided to move forward with the pitocin. By 7pm my energy was damn near gone, still no dilating, and her being in the meconium was lingering. So we decided on a c section to get her out and evaluated asap. Overall she was healthy, had some meconium in her lungs and was wheezing the first day and not eating, but Caeleigh and I were approved to leave that Friday. We are so in love with our little lucky charm.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Congratulations!!! Sorry you had such a hard labour!! Glad you and baby are doing good now!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Pregnancy: March 2014 Babies Community Resources
Top Pregnancy Answerers