Pregnancy: May 2008 Babies Community
hips killing me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2008.

hips killing me!

hey ladies anyone else hips killing them.This is my third pregnancy and the first time ive had this problem
my hips just hurt like hell,no swelling though thank god!I am haveing a girl may 9 c-section.
No, that's about one thing that doesn't hurt (yet). I'm having my c-section May 14th!
Mine are killing me... I cant stand being on one side to long... They ache so bad, I am on my third and also having a c-section for the third time.. They are not scheduling me due to my early delivery, I am not due until June 1st, but I can't go past the second week in may... I am hoping to make it till the end of April.. 31 weeks now.. But sleeping sucks, have to switch sides all night long..
Last pregnancy I had terrible hip pain from sleeping on my left side all night long. This time around I purchased a memory foam mattress topper and I can sure tell the difference. Love it!  

kellym, my youngest was born on May 14th!

My (3rd) c-section will be around May 25th, this baby's due date.
tahariel,
My sisters b-day is May 25th, ha ha.  May 14th will be 39 weeks I hope I make it that far. I had high bp w/dd...How was the 2nd c-section? I'm a little grossed out they use the same scar, eeek! Does it get bigger or puffier?
no they burn away the old scar.... so dont worry when you start seeing the smoke signals going up.. I asked if they were having a weeny roast, sense I knew I was having a boy..  dont worry, maybe you can get a tummy tuck out of them too.. LOL.. we can only wish.. good luck to us all
May is a big birthday month in my hubby's side of the family. My side of the family is more spread out throughout the year.

2nd c-section was mostly fine. My water broke but baby never dropped because of size. I was happy not to have had the 14 hours of labor leading up to it that time. However, I was very nauseous during recovery and for several hours after. I need to discuss with my doctor for this time around so I can hopefully avoid being sick afterwards. I don't think the scar got bigger or puffier after the 2nd. I didn't really notice a difference or a change in my scar.

And I don't remember them burning away anything except a small cyst on my ovary. My doctor thought I wouldn't notice. I was not paying too close of attention though because they brought baby in the warming table over near me so I could watch the first few minutes too. Wasn't until after hubby went with the baby and nurses that I started paying attention to being stitched back up.
I'm on my third pregnancy and I feel you on the hip pain. I felt a small amount of pain on my second pregnancy but nothing like this. In the last month or so I have gotten to the point where I can barely walk. I can't put any pressure on my left side at all so it is very hard to get around. The worse part is there is some times I can't even get up out of the bed to go to the bathroom so I have had to call my husband to come home from work and just pray that I dont pee on myself.
For the hip pain, do you ladies sleep with a pillow between your knees? I can really tell the difference the next day if I don't have that pillow to cushion my joints at night. Just an idea to try!
yea i also get these pains/cramps on either side of my lower stomach hurts so bad i cant even walk or move!
My hips are terrible!!  They are so sore that sometimes it hurts it touch.  The pillow between my legs does seem to help some.  Other than that, I guess I will just have to deal with it until May 15th.