Pregnancy: May 2009 Babies Community
Did my water break.....or did I pee myself?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 09.

Hey Ladies,

So I was rolling myself out of bed to go pee for the 10th time tonight/morning and I think my water broke.I soked my underwear and pants and there is a little spot on the bed but not a big one. I then went to the bathroom and peed. I know I peed then. I had a few odd dribbles while sitting there and now nothing. I dont think I peed myself b/c there was alot and I had peed about and 1hr and 1/2 before. Now there is nothing coming out? Woudlnt there still be?
I had some weird cramps yesterday,but nothing to serious. I have an regualr dr's appointment at 10 am today. (its 5:47am now) I am thinking if I dont get contractions I'll just go and see if she sends me to the hospital.The hosptial is down the road from her office.
What do you ladies think?
HMMMM... Could be, I don't know cuz my water never broke with my labors, I was at 7 still nothing, then of course I had a section so I don't know what it feels like. I did here it's easier to pee yourself and not realize b/c you sometimes can,t feel it?? I never had that happen though.

I say it's a good thing you have an appointment, I'd probly be there a tad early! Good luck I hope this is it for you!!!!!
I am having a similar problem, hkenny, at 22 weeks p/g with twins.  Yesterday evening I had a light leaking of fluid, not a trickle but not really a gush either. I was just sitting in the recliner when it happened. I didn't feel like I had to pee or anything, but I guess it could have been urine. Is that normal? It has frightened me a little bit. I'm considering callilng the dr. to see if they can check to make sure i didn't leak amniotic fluid. I just don't want to sound stupid if it's just the baby kicking on my bladder. It was kinda wierd though... NOT like the normal leaking you get when you cough or sneeze,...

I guess I'll go ahead and call the dr. and risk sounding stupid.  Because I have had 3 preterm deliveries and she told me to pay close attention to my body and call her with any concerns.  

Mine was just a little though....  YOURS sounds like a lot and it's so close to your due date, I think it really could be it for you...  Good Luck!
omg hkenny!! im not sure but its a good sign!! keep us updated!!
hey girl,
with my twin boys they broke my water in the hospital, but with Angel my water broke on its own, and like they told me when your water breaks you will know. When my water broke I heard a pop and then a big gush came out, and then it stopped, I came downstairs and wated for hubby to pack things into the van and then I stood up to go pee and another big gush came out, it was just a continous flow for me. But, everyone is different I don't know.... it could leak out in a little spurts, but it doesn't make sense.. I hope the doctors can give you a better understanding. I know when my water broke the contraction pain was there 5-10 minutes after it happened.
Good Luck to you and your labor.
I am wondering if my water broke so I'm now surfing the internet to see what if it may have. I went potty today, quit a few times, and had dripping on my panties throughout the day. I can't tell if it's urine or amniotic fluid. I've tried to check out the smell but just smells like fabric softener:) Tried changing my panties a few time but same thing keeps happening. People say you will know, my husband says should be a gush like everyone els thinks, but I've read that it can also be just a trickle, especially if it breaks high up. People say that I'd have true contractions, ya I'm having them, but I also have 2 other children and with my first only half of my water broke and after 24 hours in the hospital and me not feeling very painful contractions they realized this and broke the rest of it. Must have been a separate sac i believe they said. But when I got there they did test it and It did come back positive for amniotic fluid. I also read something about feeling a pop, I did feel that earlier today, but hey coulda been just another weird feeling in their like a kick. lol... Every pregnancy's different, and I dought you will always know for sure. My doctor did the sweeping on Monday and pain began a few hours later. They got worse and Tuesday I went to the hospital and they said I was only 2 and sent me home. I've been having pains for a month now though and also went in a month ago when I started dilating which hurt. So for the last couple of days I couldn't even walk and was stuck in bed. Today I had more energy after a loose and painful bowel movement with cramps, which is a sign of labor but also a sign that my morning coffee is a great laxative for me and the small trickle I've noticed through out the day. I could actually walk. So I'm the girl who cried wolf and no one believes me anymore. I don't even believe myself, just hoping I guess. My doctor will be in the office in the morning, so I'm going to wait out the night and see what I notice tonight. Hope she's got the test in the office and I can just go do that real quik cause I realy hate triage by now. Really don't wanna waist my time just to be sent home again, so may end up going too late to get my epidural:(  This really *****, wish they made a home test for it...