Pregnancy: May 2010 Babies Community
Confused about date of conception

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2010.

Confused about date of conception

The thing is when I first went to the doctor's after suspecting I was pregnant, I counted the first day of my last menses as August 9, 2010 which I had actually marked on my calendar because I found it strange that it lasted for only a few hours. Was this really a period? I am wondering cause I think it would affect my due date significantly unless the tests ordered by the doctor usually proves to be more accurate than the information provided by the patient...this being my first pregnancy makes me new to so much but I think my body is closer to delivery than the May 10 due date my OB/GYN has given me....
They should be doing or should have done by now ultrasounds to check on baby's size. If he/she is significantly bigger the ultrasound will show what the due date should be. If you are a month earlier, trust me they will know it by the size of your uterus and the size of the baby. I am 30 weeks pregnant and I am measuring and baby is measuring about 2 weeks bigger. Because of this, they are planning on inducing me earlier if he doesn't come by a certain date. Your OB, I'm sure, is monitoring you thoroughly!

Best of Luck!!  
if it only lasted for a few hours it could have just been sign of early pregnancy but if you have been to scans and suchlike they would know better as theyre measuring everything accurately your gestation but you could deliver normally 2 weeks before or after your due date i was 13 days late and i only have one daughter shel be one this month. hope thats somehelp to you x
Thanx a bunches! I am very consoled:) I guess that my body in this last month is simply preparing for the process of labour- lots of stretching and pinching, I'm sure the little one is so excited that he/she will soon be out and so am I, LoL
Best of Luck!! you're almost there!! :D