Pregnancy weight gain/loss?
My name is Jennifer and I'm due May 28th, we don't know the sex yet but will find out on the 18th. :) Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had trouble eating during pregnancy and gaining weight? My Doctor is concerned about my weight but like I told him, I'm tall and thin and it's always been difficult for me to gain weight, I'm showing well at 19 weeks and the baby is always the right size and everything but the Doctor is becoming a freaking food nazi! I eat what I can when I can, I don't have an appetite and when I do eat I start to get nauseous and I try to force myself to finish eating which makes me feel even worse and sometimes it gets so bad that I run to the bathroom because I feel like I'm about to throw up. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? I know my mom lost a lot of weight while she was pregnant with me and I was almost 10lbs. at birth and my aunt didn't gain any weight with her last baby. I just to make sure my baby is getting what it needs, I want it to be healthy but my Doctors keep making me stress out about things the could possibly go wrong if I don't gain as much weight as he wants me too. Thanks for you time!!! Any help would be appreciated. :)
Hi Jen, I think everyone is different. ARe you taking a pregnancy vitamin and folate? If you are then I think you should be right. For the first 17 weeks of this pregnancy I too have been nausous at the sight of food and would vomit most days. I haven't gained much but my Dr isn't worried because I started out big as I didn't loose the all the weight gained from my first pregnancy.

Try to eat healthy when you can and don't stress ;)
Thank you, I am eating as much as I possibly can and I'm taking my prenatal vitamins as well. What drives me crazy though is that my first appointment was at 8 weeks and now I'm 20 weeks and I've only lost 5lbs. that doesn't seem like a lot to me. When my mom was pregnant with me she lost  a lot of weight and I was almost a 10lb. baby and with my sister she only ate green beans and ice and my sister was almost 10lbs. too. And when my aunt was pregnant with her last child her weight stayed the same throughout her entire pregnancy and me, my sister and my cousin were all healthy babys. Dr's. just freak me out with the way they word things some times.
As long the baby is growing and has the right weigh everything should be fine.

I gained so far 20 pound in 5 1/2 months