Pregnancy: May 2011 Babies Community
natural, c-section, midwife, and butcher

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2011.

I tried to post onto pregnancy but it wouldn't let me. I am 28 weeks pregnant and haven't schedule my appointment with my midwife for this months check up. She encouraged me in the very beginning to have a natural birth, but my husband is worried about it and wants me to have a c-section. Bottom line for me is I don't want to get cut, not up or down there.. I've seen it and heard about it and it doesn't sound like something I should combine with my no-symptom, healthy, and beautiful pregnancy. But now a days I can't even see my midwife, she travels and is always out of town, so my fear is when May 1st comes, and I'm in labor, will I have to be transferred to some hospital and get cut somewhere so I can give birth? Where I live most people don't do water births, they're all about epidurals and surgery. I just know I'm strong enough  and simply want to follow the natural path of my life.
Hi, I believe you get a C- section when you have any "problem" that wont allow you to have a natural delivery  or they baby is too big to be born in a natural way.

I m 5'3 and the baby is already big to the point I am home already resting at my 29 weeks so most likely it will be c- section for me.

Once you get an Ultrasound at 7 months they will see the weigh and how big the baby is and from then on the doctor will know...

I do recommend to go to a hospital to have a child in case of any emergency

Good luck
I would honestly try a natural birth has it's the body natural way to have a baby, with the use of drugs if needed and resort to a c section, if a problem arrives or baby is breech i'm sure the midwife should have given you advise about all the different types of deliveries, eg c sections, water births drugs used in vaginal births,but if you are uncomfortable in having a unnecessary c section i wouldn't do it, also hospitals don't just do c sections they promote natural births before c sections, and i also recommend delivering at hospital in the case of a problem arriving. good luck and ask lots of questions to your midwife if need be
i had emergency c section at 31 weeks nearly 5 years ago i am currently 13 weeks pregnant i'm goin to try for a normal birth this time as the pain after a c section lasts for weeks after birth as with a vaginal birth baby's out over and done with i live in the uk and c sections arent allowed by request good look hun xx