Pregnancy: May 2012 Babies Community
Leaking amniotic fluid??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2012.

Leaking amniotic fluid??

I woke up this morning noticed a big wet spot under me. I called the on call Dr. and he said if I havent noticed any fluid leaking now then its probably nothing. I woke up 4 times last night to use the bathroom so I find it a lil werid that it would be urine (sorry if to much information) it doesnt smell like urine to me the spot is bigger then a foot long.
Well I'm not a Dr but I know what urnine smells like too but I def would go get checked just to make sure. That don't sound normal. Hope all is well tho.
Hi. Just checking in to see what happened  with the wet spot?  I'm thinking about you! I hope you're all right.
Just wondering if you went to the dr to be checked out! I hope all is well! Keep us updated please. I know sometimes dr.s can make mistakes, or just think us moms are paranoid and over reacting! When I was in labor with my 2nd daughter I was almost sent home for "not" having contractions even though I could feel it but the machine said I wasn't so dr didn't believe me! I made a huge fuss and they admitted me for over night observation basically to shut me up! An when we got Into the 2nd room they realized their 1st machine was broken beause I was in fact in labor! Smh sometimes we know best!
Ive been having quite a wetness dowm there sorry for the info but yes very wet i feel like im leaking fluid but babyboys been moving alot and everything seems okay but not sure if i should call or what?
Hi there ladies,
I unfortunately fell down the stairs, but didn't land on baby at all, just my back and bum. When I fell I also leaked amniotic fluid, and yes it is a clear liquid that has no odour, so nothing like a urine smell. I was rushed straight to hospital, and everything was fine. Baby is pretty snug and protected in there, and although there was a little leak, baby didn't seem to suffer at all from it. I was put on machines to monitor the baby and all was normal. So a little leaking doesn't seem to cause any problems. What the doc's said to me was if there had been any bleeding it would have been much more serious, but a little amniotic leak was nothing to  fear, as long as the plug is still intact. But of course if you are worried, definitely ask your midwife at your next appointment or give the doc a call, if nothing else to ease your mind.
Hope that helps... xx