Pregnancy: May 2012 Babies Community
Natural Birth Anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2012.

Natural Birth Anyone?

Just wondering if everyone has birth plans yet and who is planning on a natural unmedicated birth??
No birth plan yet but the hospital here only gives epidurals between certian hours.  If it is outside of that time... too bad.   So I may not have a choice in it.  
From a lot of the forums I've read I feel like I'm the only one planning on getting an epidural. I don't immediately ask for it I try to go as long as I can without it, i walk around to help thing get going and then I get it. I already had one of my daughters at the hospital I'm having this one at the staff is great!
3rd baby im planning non medicated naturual birth but im having a water birth my #2 child was a natural un medicated birth and was very short 45 min labour so i know i can do it again :)
I'm planning on it! They have tubs at the hospital at which we plan to deliver - not huge ones but I thought it helped last time even though having a water birth wouldn't be very feasible given the cramped space.

As for the birth plan, I'm not sure I'll write one, or if I do, it will be a paper that lists my doc's contact info so everyone has it. :) I'm sure it's different at every hospital but it seemed the labor nurse didn't need to read it after we met and the one I was transferred to was briefed (picked, actually) by the first one.
My hospital has this birth plan question sheet that you can fill out and they post it in your room for any nurses or doctor that come in to assist during L&D.    I filled much of it out, but haven't discussed it with my doctor yet.  

I'm planning on having a natural, unmedicated birth with my husband doing much of the coaching.  He's really excited and eager to help out.  Our doula friend is helping us out as far as how to help him coach me.