Pregnancy: May 2012 Babies Community
Packing hospital bag...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2012.

Packing hospital bag...

When are you ladies packing your bag? I really want to already but I feel like its to soon and I'm just going to have my bag sit there making it seem like we have so much longer to go lol I was thinking 32 weeks is good (I usually go into labor at 37 weeks) with my first I was so excited I packed my bags at like 7 months lol and with my 2nd maybe when I hit 8months . Packing the bag just seems like the final step
I'm getting ready to pack mine.  I figure if it's packed, the baby will wait me out and not come early :-)
I'm going to pack next week (33 weeks)
Maybe I should pack today to make sure he's late!! My parents aren't able to come out until 4 days before my due date (I know, cutting it close!). We do have friends who can help take care of our daughter, and an awesome babysitter we can call, but I would just feel better if she were hanging out having a blast with her grandparents!

Honestly though, I probably will around 36 weeks since my daughter didn't come until her due date... I'm one of those super-spoiled people though whose husband does the laundry and who has been known to pack for me for camping trips (with a list) in a pinch.
Lucky you Steph lol! I don't know what we are gunna do for a baby sitter maybe have my husbands chief (she's met us a few times) watch our girls while I'm in labor and then once Emma is here my husband is the sitter cus we have no family or friends here and nobody is coming in town (nice right?) with my second daughter my first was in Te delivery room with us she wasnt even 18 months. Now my girls are to big to be int the room without freaking out and it's one child per adult so were out numbered. I hope she comes at 38 weeks we move 4 days before my due date! Thank u military!
Pack those bags! It's better to be prepared ahead of time in case of anything.
I'm 32 weeks and haven't started yet. I am waiting til after my baby shower so I can put everything in one big bag, which won't be until next weekend. Knowing my luck I'll end up forgetting something I need lol. This is my first pregnancy and I heard that she might come a week early or a week late, which I'm hoping she comes on a Thursday so I have the weekend to get myself back together :) but that probably won't happen, she's already a stubborn booger just like her father.
So this is my first baby. What am I suppose to pack??? I'll be 34 weeks Tuesday...
What are you all packing in your bags?? I've packed mine, but really not sure I've put the right stuff in.....?
I just know that last time I packed way more than I needed! This time, I'm planning few changes of clothes (loose-fitting, comfy loungewear), toiletries, some distractions for myself (Kindle, laptop, etc), and a going-home outfit for baby. I live near the hospital and know my husband will be going back and forth (we have a 3 year old) so I figure I can ask him to grab things for me if I decide I need something. I also delivered there previously so I know they provide diapers, etc as needed for baby so we don't need to bring a big diaper bag full of gear.
My list is

Toiletries- travel size shampoo, conditioner soap, lotion, toothpaste tooth brush, a brush. 

Take flip flops so when u shower you don't step on tether hospital shower floor (eeewww) 

Book or magazine- labor may take long or u will have something to read while baby sleeps, or when they take him/her for some test. 

Make sure you take something comfortable to go home in! With my first I brought Pre baby jeans nobody told me I was gunna leave looking 5 months prego! I wore my maternity jeans back home :/ 

Take pads (thickest you can find) but if your hospital offers them just use there's an save yours lol 

Bibs- onsies- a blanket for the baby. and you can always take ur own blanket to feel more comfortable something plush or fleece, or your favorite pillow what ever makes you relaxed.

Camera, cam-recorder, charger for your cell. 
That's really true actually! The hospital is not too far from home, so could always send mom or hubby home to fetch anything I forget. I've just packed a few pj's and toilettries. I'm not sure what the hospital provides for the baby, so I've packed a few items of clothing for baby, and diapers and a little toy (very small) plus those things like maternity pads and breast pads. But I haven't packed any reading material, just an ipod docking station so I can have a bit of my own music. Feel like I have forgotten something important though....but I guess that might just be nerves. Plus the slippers and things, I use these, so I don't want to pack them away until I absolutely have too, which probably means I will forget them. Although saying that, I have been booked in to be induced, so at least I know which day I will be going into hospital, so that makes it a little easier to plan (unless baby decideds to come before then!)
It should be possible to call to ask for a tour and/or just questions of the l&d and post-partum wards to find out what they have.

A few other things that occurred to me were a birthing ball (if your hospital doesn't have them and you're likely to try natural labor and therefore, be allowed to move about), sour candies and a sports bra for in the bathtub (again, if your hospital has tubs). The sour candies were a tip from our birth instructor last time - she said that several women like something sour to suck on during labor. Oh, and snacks for hubby in case the labor is long!