Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
About growth spurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

About growth spurts

Randy is 5wks and for OVER half the day he has either slept or cried. Hes wanting his bottle constantly and Im terrified of overfeeding him but if I stop he cries!

I think hes going into a growth spurt from hell to be honest. And a friend of mine says that growth spurts are painful for babies. Is this true?
I don't know if growth spurts cause pain. Mine never seemed to be in pain but they were definitely hungrier and slept more.
My son will be 6 weeks on Saturday & the last 2 days he has been extra fussy & wanting to eat constantly.  He will fall asleep but as soon as I put him down he wakes up crying or he may sleep for 10-15 minutes.  He'll sleep for hours if I hold him.  :(
My daughters doctor warned me that 6 weeks of age is the crabbiest period in a newborns life. Maybe they are related?
Thats the first Ive heard that about 6wks. Good to know! He'll be 6wks on tuesday so maybe hes getting geared up for it lol
I feel like my boy is going through one!:( he's six weeks one day today!
My girl is 3 weeks on monday and been crabit the past two days shes cryin for no reason whts with tht do uses think its growth pains
im always scared of overfeeding my baby too,but my health visitor told me that I should just give her milk everytime she asks..I still sometimes refuse to give her anymore if  I feel shes had too much
My baby girl is going on 7 weeks and im scared of over feeding to. How many ozs are you mommies feeding your babies and the time rage? Im giving her 3oz every 3 hour but at 9 o clock pm to 9 o clock am i only give her 2ozs every 3 hours at night.
I'm breastfeeding but when she has a bottle if I'm away she will drink 2-4 oz every 2-3 hours.
Dang I feel like I'm over feeding after reading that! Lol he's 7 weeks now he's eating 4 oz every hour and a half he eats 5 to 6 oz sometimes every hour and a half
Wow now I sound like my baby is a little porker! She's 5 weeks old and eats for sure 4 n a half oz and sometimes 5 n a half oz.  But she's great bout going to sleep for me at night except last night.  She fought it for 3hrs and ate almost 7oz! And still only slept for 3hrs compared to her recent 5-6hrs straight. She wasn't fussy just...... acting like she wasn't tired. She would fall asleep on me then I put her down and she'd wake.up.
How the heck do you do that jolly?! Randy - 7wks tomorrow - is getting 4oz every 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. If he's gone over that then it's 6oz.
When she was only a week old my sister told me to put her on a schedule with a book and write down the time she drinks and the oz. so she started to drink milk at the same hours every day. when I started to do the book I started with 2ozs then after a month she started to cry for more so i bumped up to only 3 ozs. Now she cry for it only after 3hours and if she is a sleep i wake her up to drink milk so she can always be on her schedule. the doctor told me if she still looks like she want more to give her her pacifier cause sometimes is not that they want milk but want something to suck on.
Nice. I was told by my Dr to just let my son sleep and no waking him up. Hes refusing the pacifer these days unfortunately.
personally i feed her at night even while she fully isn't awake. I rather know she isn't hungry at night cause i only feed her 3oz in the day but 2oz at night.  If i would let her wake up on her own she would spent 6 to 7 hours asleep at night cause she have before so i don't do that. I spoke to my doctor and she said its okay to wake her up while asleep to feed her. I know alot of moms don't like to but it would hurt the baby if you do.
Hang on... she sleeps 6-7 hrs at night? You know how many of us would kill for that? Lmao
Yes she would and i didn't know how much until now lols. my daughter at 1 week and 4 days was holding her own bottle of milk with both hands wide open i have pics but this site wont let me download and i have another pic of her holding her bottle at 3 weeks. I have them up on Facebook if you wanna see. But she really is a good baby.