Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Concerned!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Concerned!!

Okay for an update first I'm 28 weeks today. At 26 weeks I failed the ffn and two days from now it will be the two week mark since I got the test done. In the past week I have been having to do (#2) alot more than normal and I noticed this morning that my baby has dropped. She was already head down at 26 weeks and now with her dropping it only has me thinking she is in position for birth. I also have been having some mild BH contractions and she is not moving as much but i dont have the contractions all day but theoughout the day. Has anyone ever dropped this early??
I'm 27 weeks and have been having mild BH also. I have also noticed that my baby hasn't been moving as much on some days rather than other days. I asked the doc about it last week and he stated that it's normal for them 2 move more on some days rather than others at this point. He said that things shud change around 28 weeks, where I may want to keep count of movement. How often do u notice having BH contractions?
Yesterday they were on and off for an hour then around every other hour or so they would come and go. Today they are about the same. It's hard to explain because they hurt but they don't. My last one I had completely natural so I know how intense they are and they are nothing like that. But I've had them since 20 week but they are just now starting to get stronger
Am sure your doc wld know best but from my side I carry baby low and has been down facing- though there is still room to change but i understand head down is a more comfy position. Have bh as well of varying intensity and ligament stretches. I just lie down when i can.Am 27 and third trimester is the accelerated growth for babies so am sure tummies will continue stretching and practising the dday. What's the ffn by the way?
It's the fetal fibronecton test if it comes back positive then there's a 16% chance that your baby will be born in the next two weeks. They have had false positives plenty of times but they just could not figure out why I failed the test because my cervix was completely closed. My fluid was low around the baby but it went back up two days later. I was in the hospital 2 days
the best thing to do would be to call your doctor or midwife and talk to them about this.
Thanks had not heard about the test before. Am sure when you see your doc you can know for sure what's happening. Hugs