Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
NTD Positive - Ultrasound OK

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

NTD Positive - Ultrasound OK

Hi All,

We got the reports for the Triple Marker and it came out positive for Neural Tube Defect. It gave us a ratio of 1:50. We were **** scared and the gynae suggested a detailed Level 2 Ultrasound.

The Ultrasound has thankfully come out to be ok and both the radiologist conducting the scan and the gynae were satisfied with the ultrasound report.

We got the blood test done again at Dr. Dang's Lab, New Delhi thinking it could be an erroneous blood report the first time around, however, the second blood report came out to be NTD Positive again.

The doctors say not to worry much as the blood report is just a calculation and give a probability and is not a definitive report. They have asked for a review scan in the 22nd week as a precaution.

We wanted to share it on the forum to see if anyone has had a similar experience, as the scare is  nerve wrecking.

Requesting all to kindly pray for a healthy baby.

Thanks.
I hope it will be ok for you. I can imagine how scared you are....
The bloodwork isn't as simple as getting a positive or negative result.  We had the screening done when I was pregnat with my last son & it came back elevated for downs syndrome.  We had the ultra sound done & he appeared to not have the soft markers, my dr scheduled us for an amnio to be 100% sure.