Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Sleeping on your back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Sleeping on your back

Hey girlies am really concerned about sleepin postions, I havent had a gd sleep in days because I cant get comfy and my muscles all hurt, I heard left side was best because it gives baby the most oxgyen and good blood flow. I keep findin myself sleeping on ma back and ma back muscles are sore because of this, I feel alot of pressure on ma bladdar aswell I also heard sleepin on back cuts babya oxgyen and can cause still born so im just wanting to check with u lot how uses are sleeping and if what I said aboot sleepin on your back is true because I always wake up on ma back!
I also sleep on my back... And have done with my othet 2 kids... I haven't heard about it... Hmmm need to look into it...
Midwifes make up different stories all the time but thtz what I was told aboot sleepin on my back so im always having a light sleep to check what postion am in lol
I was told to try not to sleep on your back. But that was mainly in last few months of pregnancy. Try putting a pillow behind your back or between your knees. Helps stop you rolling. And one under belly to support your back and bub. Does that mark sence?
Make sense. :) not mark sence. Lol
Yep lol a dont think theres enough room in ma bed for tht many pillows lol
Nope there's not in my bed either. I have had to sleep in the spare bed the last week just so I can get comfy and get some rest. Doesn't help the other half snores like a road train. :)
I was told to limit sleeping on your back because your uterus is putting all that weight on your spine and could make your back hurt along with restrict blood flow to baby. Obviously neither of which are ideal but not neccessarily the worst thing you can do. As long as you try to start out on your side i wouldnt worry. I havent been comfortable this whole pregnancy no matter how i sleep so i sleep however works for me at that point in time.. the position dont last long cuz i end up tossing and turning another way anyway lol.
Thanks :)