Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Tips for making DD feel special? :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Tips for making DD feel special? :)

My DD is 3 and so far she seems very excited about her brother's arrival (c-section on May 3rd).

My question is about tips to help the transition for her from only child to sister. I guess I mean overall/ big picture stuff too, but mostly right now I'm thinking about the week before and the week after. Anyone have any tips?

Week before:
My plan is to spend the week with DD, my mom and my MIL, doing special little activities and maybe making her brother a present?

Day of c-section:
DD with be in school and then someone will bring her to the hospital to see us I think. She has a special" big sister" outfit for that day :).

After the hospital:
No freaking clue :)

Sorry do long. Thanks!

With my daughter it helped when I surprised her with a present from the baby when her brother (my five yr old) was born.
ive not been through this yet but i have a 3 yr old dd which will be 4 about 2 weeks before her baby brother comes and we got her a BIG SISTER BAG full of things like a special big sister outfit, things she can use for her babies and to help us with baby brother and we have had NUMEROUS ppl tell us to make sure no matter what, always let her help out with what she can so that she doesn't feel left out when at home. even the small stuff, always let her help in some way whether it be by bathing him changing him feeding him or etc. hope this helps
Thanks ladies! That helps a lot :)
I agree....presents from the baby help alot :) my kids are 10 and 6, so not sure it will work for me this time.... I guess i will just have to play by air..
For older kids make more like "congratulation" gifts for being older siblings. I love the big sister bag idea, thats cute xD And totally agree on the helping part! Let that lil one help out, she'll love it :)