Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Tonight might be the night!!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tonight might be the night!!!!

Contractions are coming on pretty regular when Im standing and moving around. I sit and they get a little further apart but as soon as I get up they're coming hard. Im a little leery about going to L&D because Im afraid of just being sent home again, but everyone is pushing me to go in.

So Ive decided to compromise. Im gonna lay down for a little and see how they go from there then call the Dr on call if I still have them after laying down and see what they say.

Im willing to listen to your guys' opinions too :) I cant help but feel like getting my hopes up!
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Awe how many weeks r u now?:) awe they could be the real deal!
Blank
39+3 with 4 days to go.
Blank
4484425_tn?1384231934
I hope this is the real deal for you :)
They usually say to go in if they have been consistent for 2 or more hours and are 3-5 minutes apart.
Blank
Good luck. :)
Blank
Yeah, thats where my problem is. They are strong when standing or moving but fade off when I sit or lay down. Im thinking I might just wait til tomorrow. I already told hubby to go ahead and sleep that Id wake him up if there were any changes. ***** I started to get my hopes up too.
Blank
Awe don't give up they could be the real thing !
Blank
554628_tn?1362781519
Don't give up it could still happen!
Blank
It didnt :( I ended up falling asleep despite it and just woke up, nothing new. I am tempted to call my Dr though to see if theres been any progress. Maybe Ive dilated more - he did say that ideally hed want me at 4-5cm before sending me to L&D. And hubby's off for three days so maybe we can get something started.
Blank
4309243_tn?1353923391
I had that 2days before the real thing started.... I thought this is it....but no....2 days later i had my baby :) good luck
Blank
They've been averaging 5-20 minutes apart. I called my Dr's office and all they said was it sounded like I was almost there. The contractions only hit hard when Im standing up and walking around. Sitting or laying down they gradually fade but I still have pressure pains. I asked if they could at least check me for progress but they said no. Then they suggested I just keep pushing fluids and sit down with feet propped up and watch the clock. I was like "Sit down?! Did you just not hear me say they get more intense when Im active? Im gonna walk around as much as I can, not sit down like Im chilling out!" lol
Blank
Lol. How excited... hope everything goes well for u and ur newborn. Good luck!!
Blank
That's how my contractions have been since Tuesday. Got them coming strong every 3 and a half minutes but then I would go to bed and it would stop. 12 days left. My first was born two weeks early and I was convinced this one would be too, expecting a large baby and worried nothings happening cos she doesn't fit through!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...