Torn
So I am almost 24 weeks along. I am super stressed out at my job. I am a pharmacy technician in a usually busy retail pharmacy. Nobody seems to understand that I can't work like I was. I have a stool, but can't always sit down while working. Alot falls on me because I have been there the longest & they tend to depend on me a little too much.  Recently I have had headaches, abdominal muscle pain, diarrhea & some vomiting. I e-mailed my nurse this morning about options at work. I am just scared that this is all stress. My work ethic is so different from others in the pharmacy, i'm not one of those to just quit, but I will if I feel like my unborn child is in danger. Do I take a leave of absence? Do I go ahead on FMLA then re-apply when I have the baby? Will my OB even approve one of those based on me just saying i'm stressed out? Or should I just say screw it & give my notice? My husband is fit to be tied with my workplace & ready to tell them off, he doesnt want me to go into early labor or be sick all the time. HELP!
Maybe just try to adapt "i don't care" attitude... Ikow sometimes it is impossible... I am decided to talk to my doctor tomorrow to ask him sighn me off work for couple of weeks.... Hope he will...
You are right....no work is more important than your baby. xx
Would it be possible for you to go to part time? When people are coming at you with too much work I'd point blank say I can't. While I don't know if your Dr will have you quit altogether they may be willing to make restrictions like you can only be on your feet for so long for example.
Thanks guys. I am talking to my Dr. next week at my appointment. I may have to go part time or leave of absence or something.
i think you definitely need to slow down a bit if worried and that stressed but always talk to your dr about any concerns you are having, they will usually work with you very well and do what they can to protect you and the baby. like others have said, he may recommend quitting or may give you dr's orders/restrictions on what you can and can't do, then again you may need to just to part time or go on leave of absence. all depends on you and your dr, good luck!