Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Very pissed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Very pissed

Here I am thinking about what to buy my hubby for Fathers Day and he ***** up! He came home yesterday pale as a ghost. I was freaking out thinking he was going to have a seizure right there. He adamantly refused to go to the hospital... which raised a red flag. Whenever I make the ER suggestion he goes along with it because he knows its better to be safe than sorry.

The reason the flag went up is because my hubby is an alcoholic and hes already been caught lying about what hes doing 2x ever since his neurologist oked him for driving again. So! Going on my gut instinct, once the boys were in bed I left and went to two bars that are nearby. I struck out with my first choice BUT my second option confirmed he had been there when I showed his picture. He drank 2 pitchers! 2!!! Then left!

Now, he isnt the violent drinking type... hes actually very mellow. Drinks then sleeps. The onky signs that you can tell that hes ****** up is the smell, slurred speech, and off balance.

Talking to him is a ******* waste though because he blows me off! Like its a big joke to him! Im going to be calling his Dr today and telling her everything.
Sorry am out if the loop here. Does he have a medical problem worsened by alcohol?
He was diagnosed with Epilepsy last year, sorry for not putting that in there.
From my own personal experience, until he's ready to get help or to quit drinking, no amount of talking to him or telling his dr is going to help.  It's such a horrible thing to deal with.  The only thing you can do is stay with him if you choose & hope he makes the choice sooner than later.  If/when it becomes unsafe for you or your child you may just have to leave.  I stayed as long as I could, finally left in 1998.  My daughters father is STILL a daily drinker & just got out of jail for his 4th DUI.  :(
I'm sorry I don't have experience with an acholic problem with anyone but I do have a brother with a drug addiction and what I know from that is u can't push someone who doesn't want to be helped or someone who doesn't think they have. A problem ...but it is an issue that needs to be talked about cuz as u mentioned before u lost ur daughter u don't want to loose anymore kids if ur husband becomes worse ..do what's best for u nd ur kids:) which I'm sure u will just stay positive I know its hard
@queenspade - I know Im virtually helpless involving him. I know I'll have to wait and see... I just dont want him to effing kill himself. And my hubby knows if he gets arrested I will never bail him out... I wouldnt let anyone bail him out.

I just wish hed ******* open his eyes and SEE that hes ruining his own damn life. He talks about not having money... its like "Well if you didnt get shitfsced every payday you might have something!" Then he mopes about not seeing the boys enough due to working late... I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Well... on days you get off early come home instead of lie your *** off and getting shitfaced..."
Ya sounds familiar with me ..my husband always has to smoke and today he had the odasity to say here's two dallors stop at the smoke shop on the way home cuz he knew I got some money every time he gets paid has to have 8$ to get his smoke he asked me can u please get me some; all the time !!! I've prabley spent 50$ one week on something for him I'm just wondering if this will ever stop
Smoke Shop as in tobacco? If so one way Id suggest is tossing one of those electronic Blu cigarettes at him.
No he smokes spice idk if ur familiar with that he used to smoke weed cuz he had a card but ucant get. Anew job smoking weed so made him stop.then he switched to spice
Ohhh spice is bad >_> Its not allowed here in Indiana I think but could be wrong.
Really? Its legal riverside but I don't think its good for anyone either I agree
Just an update: settled on buying hubby a new wallet since he needed one.