Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
Why cant I control my emotions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

Why cant I control my emotions

I cant seem to keep control of my emotions its like my hormones have me on the edge, I cant relax am so tense plus the lack of sleeping isnt helping, my pregnancy brain is really bad, cant think straight and av already cried twice today. I cant handle being this emotional. Most folk who know me would say I lack emotion am kinda like a guy that way. Another thing am super needy toward my boyfriend if hes not cuddling me I feel lonely and sad
Being emotional is normal due to all the hormonal changes but it would probably be a good idea to talk to your Dr if its that bad. There are antidepressants that are safe during pregnancy and that might be something you and your Dr can talk about.
Thanks, its not that am depressed its just sm so senstive the now my family dont seem to understand and they say something to me which gets under my skin and I get upset about it
Another thing am wondering about is cause im having a girl thats double female hormones going around my body, are u more emotional with girls?
I don't know. I've had two boys and don't know what I'm pregnant with now. I was more emotional with my second pregnancy but there was a lot going on. I believe some antidepressants aren't just for depression but act as a mood stabilizer. I think it would still be a good idea to talk to your Dr about how you've been feeling and just see what he/she recommends.
I understand you. A little thing can make me cry. Or i can get angry for no reason.... But i must say i was on antidepressants for a few years before i got pregnant and stoped straight away..... I think being emotional is not bad during pregnancy.....it is when you stop caring at all that bad...
Thanks for the feedback girls :)
Be careful because they told me to take lexapro with my last pregnancy because of my depression history and i didn't because it didn't feel right. Two months after he was born i see those bad drug commercials saying babies are having major birth defects from certain antidepressants during pregnancy and lexapro was on the list!! I have been trying to live by the idea that if it isn't naturally occurring then it isn't natural for my baby to have. I've been struggling with depression as well during this pregnancy and all i can say is this too shall pass and definitely do not go through it alone! Talk to your partner, loved ones, even a therapist! Good luck and well wishes!