Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
ante-natal classes...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

ante-natal classes...

are they important and necessary?how many of you may mummies attending classes?and for those of you who already have kids,did u attend in ur 1st pregnancy and did u feel it helped durin labor?...i havnt booked mine yet,i'm always busy,and was wondering if i could just get away with not going,lol but there's a part of me that thinks i might regret it when im in labor lol
I never went to any classes when I was pregnant with my first. I donno if they would have helped or not but my labour was pretty easy considering. Haven't been this time either. I'm might be partially because they don't have classes in.my town and I wasn't going to travel an hour just to go.to one. Especially cause they were at night. And we have heaps of kangaroos. Lol
I have never attended any and am not intending to either. Not to say am confident ofvwhat I am going to go through but I don't see them reducing pain I will experience. And I wont have a partner to go with do am just waiting for the d day.
I did go first time round and think it was great!! And very useful. Now i am having a baby number 3 i am not going as i know all they going to say :)
I think you should go as it is fun as well :)
I am currently attendin classes every monday night and to educate yourself about the different stages of labour and wht your body actually does, yeah very educational and useful I have actually learned things and I wasnt sure if I was doin pelvic floor exercises right but found out I was :) tonight am learning about pain reliefs and water birth
DH and I are taking a full day saturday course offered by our hospital.  We're not taking it until I'm 34 weeks because the classes filled up so fast.  its not cheap (over $200) but we can claim it towards flex fund (medical pre-tax).   This is our first kid and I feel like we could use all the help and extra pointers we can get.