Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
baby preparation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

baby preparation

Have you ladies started getting stuff filled your babies? And for those who have what did you get. I haven't started st all.  I don't know when to start?
start whenever you are ready. im having my baby may 10th and so far bought a swing, travel system, and crib and a friend gave us a rocker, crib set and tons of clothes, ive bought a few outfits also, im trying to wait til the baby shower before buying anything else.
On waiting til after my shower to buy the big stuff just to see what I'll need but she has an over abundance of clothes nb -3mo. So if she came now she would have to sleep in a drawer but she would be well dressed lol.. totally kidding. Start shopping when your ready no one can tell ya when is time. Just make sure ya have the basic essentials for her to come home to =) that's just my opinion though.. most of my daughters stuff was given to me I haven't bought much yet either.
@mamaivy6
that was pretty funny about the baby sleeping in a drawer I laughed quite a bit!
But I am also waiting for my baby shower right now I have some clothes and shoes and  hats
I got almost everything by 25 weeks. My church decides to throw me a shower and its in april. didn't get a few small things like bath tub, soap, lotion, diapers, and wipes. I have everything else though and my husband and I put her bed up today :) I hAve her diaper bag packed and some things in my own hospital bag. I had so many clothes we had to buy an extra dresser as big as ours. It's full now too lol!! This has felt like my longest pregnancy so we started very early buying things. I had first said I was going to wait until I was 28 weeks which I am now and I could not imagine having waited that long!! We have her carseat out of the box but its still wrapped in the plastic!
I've gotten the stroller and car seat, crib, changing table, a few cases of diapers and wipes, and some clothes. I'm trying not to buy too much until after my shower April 14th. I'm kinda wishing it was sooner though. Guess I'm kinda anxious to have everything ready.
My shower is April 7th they wanted to do the 14th but that's my daughters 3rd birthday! We bought a double stroller since we already have two kids my son is almost 5 but we have already used it with them lol
I've just prepared my hospital bag. Anything else is still not done. I'm 30w
I have not started on purchase at all. Hopefully I can pick up a few things this coming month.