Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
breastfeeding so exhausting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

breastfeeding so exhausting

im finding breastfeeding very hard,but im trying not to give up.my baby today has been wanting a feed constantly,I have no idea what is up with her,I put her down and she cries for another feed straight away.has anyone else had this happen or know why?im just sooo tired,and so worried that maybe im not producing enough milk!
Yes it can be exhausting. I've been there will all 3 of my children. Its usually due to a growth spurt, them being sick, or just need the comfort. Its usually short lived though. That's the one thing I dislike about breastfeeding is that you can't tell how much they are drinking. The only way to tell if they are getting enough if if they are having wet diapers and are gaining weight.
Look up info on something they call "the second night" I was told this can happen at anytime throughout the early times of breastfeeding by a dietitian. The name is kinda like the name they gave "morning sickness" lol
Yeah I gave up yesertday I was tryin to contonue it to monday so she would b two weeks but am not eattin enough to produce the milk and its makin me tired so yesertday she was on formula all day
how long does it last for?..im so tempted to give up too,iv thought about it plenty of times,but im tryin my hardest not to..and thanks bri I'll defo look tht up.really hope she settles soon.it feels like thats allI do all day Iis feed her!
We had a couple of days were he was eating every hour, our pediatrician called it cluster feeding and said it is perfectly normal. It is exhausting but very good for baby. Good luck
I have a 2yr old so I gave up breast feeding my girl real quick. I feel bad cuz that was the one thing I wanted to do so we wouldn't have to worry about cost with formula at all but it didn't work out that way. I'll admit, I do like knowing that if I need to run to the store the hubby can stay home with her while I run my errands. Plus every mommy needs to have her time alone at some point
It comes and goes. My girlie is 4 weeks today and nurses every 2-3 hours. At birth and at 2 weeks she did the need to eat constantly for a few days. As exhausting as it was it really helped to get my milk in.
It may not be just a breast feeding issue.  My son is strictly formula fed & for the last 2 nights he has wanted to eat every hour & 1/2 to 2 hours.  He normally goes every 4-5 hours at night.  I think it just me a growth spurt, he'll be 5 weeks tomorrow.
2 days I havent breast fed and my boobs have dried up so they dry fast
How fast you dry up depends on how long you've been nursing and how much you are producing. After I stopped nursing my last baby it took an entire year for me to completely dry up but I'd been nursing for 18 months. This time around I have great production too. She's 4 weeks old today and I already have 60 ounces of milk in my freezer.