Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
disposables vs cloth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

disposables vs cloth

Im using disposable nappies with my 17 month old but considering cloth nappies once bub number two gets here. Can anyone tell me what brands are good and what I would need? And if its worth the hassle of washing ect? And if there is a way of getting ones that would last from newborn to toilet training? Any hints and tips would be great. :)
I've been thinking about using cloth diapers. The ones I like and are the all in one or pocket diapers. The brand I see here in the US that I like are called Bum Genius. Not sure what you have there.
hope someone helps however ever i do not know about cloth diapers but good luck!
There's a couple if different brands over here. It's just scary the prices of them. I know it ends up being cheaper than disposables but still crazy prices.
when i worked at babies r us the cloth diaper that was most popular that we sold was probably Bum Genius. we had multiple ladies come in a day buying those and asking about them, ive just never used cloth diapers, don't have the patients for them, i rather have disposable haha
Bum Genius and Thirsties have all one ones and they adjust with growing babies. If your babies are born smaller, then they recommend you get a few newborn ones until baby is 8-9 pounds. They are the two brands I've narrowed it down to that, they also have the microfiber materials that pull moisture away from baby, so it makes it easier and a difference when potty training. Some retailers will let you rent different kinds to see what fits your needs. Good luck. :-)
I have benefitted too. Thanks for your question and the inputs.