Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
fibroid and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

fibroid and pregnant

Hello people, am new here, I was asking all sorts of questions on google and somehow got here, I am 17weeks pregnant and due may 16,2013. At my 10weeks ultrasound they said I have 3cm fibroid, my next ultrasound is in 3weeks. When I lay flat I see this bulge visibly below my navel on the left,if I touch it, after about 30secs, it'l become flat. is it the baby pushing the fibroid upwards or what? This is my first pregnancy and am really freaking out here since I heard I can feel baby at about 20weeks or above as a first timer, please anyone ever had this? They also said I'm A- and my husband is A+, the last blood test I did few years back said I was A-, I'm just too confused here, don't know what to think any more!
I had a 10inch ovarian cyst with my first and all turned out just fine. Look on the bright side, you'll get to see ur baby WAY more often and you'll probably have a csection which means you get to pick the birthday, no awful stretching or tearing, your baby will have a perfect shaped head and youll look amazing in your delivery photos haha I'm having a "normal" pregnancy this time and don't get me wrong I am very greatful things are going so smoothly (knock on wood) I'm defn not used to being so out of touch with the baby :(
Your blood type is important because you have a "negative" blood type and your husband has a "positive".  it can cause problems.  You should read about it:

http://*****************.org/pregnancycomplications/rhfactor.html
Thanks a lot ladies, that was helpful, my next appointment is 29th, all also ask my Doc all necessary questions, plus I get to find out the sex of my baby:) I hope for a girl, but keep seeing a little boy in my dream! Lol
I had a large fibroid withy first pregnancy. I thought I was feeling the baby's foot until the dr busted my bubble and told me it was a benign fibroid. With your pregnancy and the growing uterus, the fibroid tends to get large and you can feel it more. Have no fear...my pregnancy turned out perfectly fine and after giving birth, I could not feel the fibroid.