Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
freakin out about being a mummy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

freakin out about being a mummy

I think am having a mini freak out about being a mum, like am regrettin ever gettin pregnant in the first plac. I guess am having a hard week off it av been feelin restricted like all my goals I cant reach them simple things are becomin hard like gettin out of bed in the morning or walkin up stairs. Then I started to think about myself my plans I had set out before becomin pregnant, I wanted to work abroad doin pr in mayb ibiza or else where, the thought of not doin something for myself just was a blow to the stomach a flash of reality, tell me am not the only one thats wished I wasnt pregnant?

Just to make it clear im not sayin I dont want my baby anymore am just sayin am freakin out and had all these crazy thoughts
I went through a stage like that with my first too. We were travelling around Australia in a 4x4 and camper trailer living the life having a ball. And couldnt have been happier when I feel pregnant. Then we stopped travelling and i went in a downward slump. But now our little boy is 17 months and due again in may and have no regrets whatso ever. Once you hold that little munchkin in your arms you will forget about everything else. :)
Tht sounds amazing, thats what I wanted to do, see the world. My boyfriend told me he had these thoughts last week and reasurred me its normal guess it is for first time mums and since my pregnancy wasnt planned it got to me a bit more
Yer thats it. Ours was semi planned but didn't expect to fall pregnant within the first month after going off the pill. Hubby was disappointed that he didn't get the chance to get more practice in before I was already pregnantw. Lol. I have thoughts about if m rushing into having number two already. Only be 20 months between them but I'm lucky I've got such a supportive hubby.
You can still do lots of things but look at it as you are taking a break from what you planned. You are very young still so many years ahead of you till you get old and can't do much lol
Thanks girls :)
I'v been feeling exactly the same,wanted to go bk to uni and finish of my masters but then i fell pregnant,and now i wonder if i'll ever b able to go back to uni again and whether i can handle studying with being a mum and everythng.even feel really depressed that me n my hubby won't be able to spend much time together etc :( but then sometimes i feel my lil one kicking n wiggling around,and i smile and think 'nah its going to be awesome' lol so yh i guess I'm a mixed bag of emotions right now
Yep thats me, I actually managed to finish my degree before becomin pregnant but the fact tht I cant use it not depresses me but like u said when u feel those kicks u feel all better
Yep so chin up girl,I'm sure it'l all be worth it in the end :) plus when ur baby is a lil older u could probs use ur degree then
Yeah thats true :)