Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
low lying placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

low lying placenta

So the doc called me today to tell me that my ultrasound yesterday showed that I have a low lying placenta. which means my placenta is covering my uterine opening so absolutely no intercourse at all til I get bigger and my placenta goes where its suppose to. She said no need to worry to much but I can't help it. I know it will all be fine but its still kinda scary when things don't go like they are suppose to during pregnancy. But at least my little girl is healthy and active that's gives me some comfort for now. she's beautiful =)
i think it will be fine, ive never had a low lying placenta so don't have much to say about it but GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY GIRL
Thanks I did some reading and found out that if the placenta don't move I'll just end up with a c section. its not ideal but it could be worse.. hopefully we don't have that happen. but I can feel her moving all over the place.. it's amazing! Daddy is the only one bummed about the no intercourse I'm thinking of it as a break lol.. is the terrible?! its uncomfortable now anyway.