Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
reduced baby movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

reduced baby movements

is it normal for baby to be quiet at week 27?i can still feel movement but my baby not as active as last week,for past couple of days kicks and punches have reduced.getting anxious now! I have been stressed out for past few days,so i dont know if it could be because of that too
They say they can change their sleep patterns or be going through a growth spurt. Try drinking and eating and sit and rest a few minutes. If baby still does not move I'd get checked out. I went in at 26 weeks and fluid was low I had to stay for 2 days in the hospital and it was all because I noticed her not moving!! She did start to play by the time I got there but there was a reason for her not playing! Good luck and keep me updated if baby moves or not!!
I think just going to see doc and having an ultrasound asap just to tocerrvon the side of caution.
if worried give your dr a call and talk to them about it and im sure they will be happy to check on the baby to make sure all is well and they will let you know if you need to be seen or not.
Well last night i had a sweet drink with lots of ice cream and i felt more movement,so i thought its probably not necessary anymore to get it checked and im just gettin really paronoid, i were thinkin that maybe the baby was probably just having a quiet period but not sure if thats normal at week 27?..do you ladies think maybe i should still get it checked?..and a question for number3onherway,did u go into hospital because u didnt feel any movement at all or were the movements just reduced?
I didn't feel movement for 6 hours straight. Then of course she was hyper as ever on those monitors!! They say don't count moves until week 28 but my baby girl has been very active since week 20 actually the past two days she has been moving less again. I hope I don't have to go in again :( if you feel you need to be checked I would go otherwise you will worry yourself to death!! I go weekly now to my doctor so I don't try to stress too much but I still have another 5 days before I go again! They always seem to act up when your appointment is far away!!
My baby girl slowed down round aboot 27 weeks I think she went thru a growth cause my bumps had a bit of a growth am 29 weeks now
Lol yes @number3onherway iv noticed they act up when appo8ntments are far away lol...wel my baby seems to not be so bad nw,i think i were just getting really paronoid,was blaming myself for getting stressed out that i stressed the baby out too