Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

ultrasound

I am having a high risk pregnancy so have had numerous ultrasounds already at 15 + 3 weeks. Last week (14 +4) we had an us (i go every 2-3 weeks) ...the tech said she saw 2 lines which usual is a girl ...she said 50/50 its a girl.
Although I just want a healthy baby I really wanted a boy...I have 2 beautiful daughters from my first marriage. I can accept it if my husband could but he seemed sooooo disappointed. He keeps telling my belly to "grow a stem". Needlesss to say I am depressed and stressed. Any body know if I have any chance of the tech being wrong and my little one does have a hidden "stem"?
Tags: chances
there is always a chance of it being wrong that early on. i have ultrasounds every 2 weeks and at 14+3 i had an ultrasound baby wouldn't be still and bc they were not for sure of sex they wouldn't tell me anything. i go back tuesday which will be 17 weeks so we will find out then. usually but not always baby's sex isn't given until at least 16 weeks.
We go next fri again. (I have to go every 2 weeks for cervical lenghts because I had preterm labor with both my girls...)
Although for many reasons I want a little boy, it took us 2 years to get pregnant and because I have so many high risk "issues", I just want a healthy baby that I can get to term.
So ....I will worry til the 14th but in the end I told my hubby to thinknof it this way...if its another girl he will always be the king in the house! (Especially since both cats and our Bull Mastiff are girls!)
lol good luck i have cervical issues also and have to get a cerclage put in my cervix with each pregnancy just as a precautionary measure. good luck and im sure he will come around and be excited especially when he holds that baby for the first time. i have a lot of high risk issues also so i understand and feel the same, as long as my baby is healthy thats all that matters to me lol
Good luck to you too@ They r debating about cerclage because my problem is really preterm labor. I have been on oral progesteronesince 6 weeks and they want to switch to monthly progesterone shots next visit. I was on bedrest with bith girls.. terbutaline and mag sulfate ...home monitoring etc. etc....people think I am nuts but I tell them all its all worth it.
Thanks for getting back to me. My hubby caught me crying the other day...he got worried & askef what was wrong...I told him I was so worried abouthis reaction if its another girl that it was depressing me and stressing me out...he was upset...said he didnt mean for me to gwt thisvupset ...that although he wants a boy he really rwally doesnt care as long as its healthy. :) I hope he neans it...we shall see in1week maybe...
thats awesome and good luck! i think its good bc a cerclage is a stitch that keeps her cervix from opening and there for can't go early i am also on progesterone supplements as well as folic acid and blood thinners but its definitely all worth it.