Pregnancy: May 2013 Babies Community
vacuum assisted

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in May 2013.

vacuum assisted

I have just got a heap of paperwork to take to the hospital when I book in to have bub number 2 and read some of the info. It says that my first bub was delivered using a vacuum. I didn't know about thus till today and I don't know why. Now I'm feeling that I didn't have the natural unassisted labour that I thought I had. Everything ive read just says that it assists in a natural birth but I'm still feeling ****** that I didn't get him out by myself. And I'm pissed off that I didn't know about it after telling people that it was a easy labour with no complications at all. No tearing nice and short for a first time and all went smoothly.
Thats shockin u should have been made aware off this, am sure your second birth will go smoothly :)
Yer I'm sure it will too. :) I looked back at the paperwork I got when I left the hospital and that says natural delivery and spoke to my hubby and he said he didn't see them use anything to help getmy son out so I'm thinking there was a mix up somewhere. I'm.seeing a different doctor too so.maybe it was mixed up in translation lol. I know they had to.use suction to help get the gunk out of mysons throat to make him breathe. 4 mins it took little bugger scared the **** out of us. :) so maybe that's where the mix up was. I donno.
I am sure you would know if they have put something inside you. Don't worry it is just a mistake. But make them to correct it. I would make a big deal out of it lol
If it's a mistake I would definitely have them fix it
Yep ill be looking into it for sure. Don't see my doc for another 3 week's but ill be talking to her about it. Thanks girls. :)