My FTM labour story
Everything that could go wrong did lool! My waters broke on Friday at midnight and i didnt get into the hospital til Saturday 1030am because they wanted to see if my contractions got regular on their own which they didnt and was monitored from the srart because every contraction made Joshs heart rate drop.. i was on the ward having contractions until 2am.. got to 4cm on 2 paracetomol.. finally got to delivery ward at 2.30am
Started on gas and air and got the hormone drip to smash out contractions.. had epidural put in and tried to relax. Drifted off for about 20 mins at about 10am and loads of doctors came flying in and started prepping me for a c section because his heartrate had gone down again but when we got in there they gave me the spinal block and took a sample of blood from the top of his head and he was fine again.. so i got taken back to my room and given the hormone drip again.. i kept getting topped up with drugs and at about 2ish i was feeling pressure and couldnt stop myself pushing.. got checked and i was still 5cm. I got really pissed off and by 4pm i was just crying because i couldnt take anymore id been in having contractions for well over 24hrs and they were in no rush.
They checked me at half 4 and i was 10cm dialated so i was rushed straight back to theatre where they said if forceps didnt work theyd do c section.. 15 minutes of pushing and he was here weighing 8 pound 8 with lots of blond thick wavy hair.. his head and arm came out together at first and his umbilical cord was round his neck and both arms explaining why his heartrate had been dropping..

Took me a while to take to him because of how tierd i was but the more time i spend with him the more i fall in love.. planned on breastfeeding but neither of us really could get on with it so retreated to formula which i find easier x
Congratulations: )!!