Baby name dilemma
My hubbs and I are trying for baby #2 with no success yet. My SIL who I have a great relationship with is expecting baby #3 in May. They decided not to find out the sex so they picked a gender neutral name. The problem is I LOVE that name for a baby boy (hoping we have one). It's a name I picked out for my baby boy since I was little. I asked them to not use it for boy/girl in case we have a boy. She was understanding but I could tell disappointed. I feel guilty now bc what if we do get pregnant and have a girl. I don't want any hard feelings.help!
It doesn't seem fair to ask that of the ones you love. They should get to name their child what they like. Besides, since you have already asked them not to name the baby that they more than likely won't want to anymore, even if you told them they could do it. I definitely wouldn't want to name my child something that anyone in my family chose for their baby or future baby.