Pregnancy: Nov 2008 Babies Community
Feeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2008.

Feeding?

Okay - Who is breast feeding and who is bottle feeding?  I think I am going to breast feed for a few months (have to go back to work after 8 weeks) and then I might pump for 1 month at work, then gradually make the switch to formula.  My sister breast-fed her little one until she was one.  She did not pump - she just sumplemented with formula while she was working, which is an option too.  The thing with her dd, was that she wouldn't take formula and would wake up all hours of the night to get bresat fed.  I don't think I could handle that and go to work.  I may give it a try though.  How about everyone else?
Im breast feeding for about 6 months...we want to have another baby pretty quick...but if I have a csection that will all change and I may breastfeed longer
Im breast feeding...so that is the plan. Not only is it better for your little one but it also helps you get back to your normal weight. According to studies done, your little one will have a way better amune system than it would with formula. My BFF son now will be 9 months August 9th and not once has he has a cold or anything. She will be breast feeding till he turns a year old. Now she has mentioned that since he eats baby food now its alot harder to breast feed, but she still does. .
breastfeeding for me, for at least 6 months.
I am going to attempt to breastfeed...with twins I am NOT going to put pressure on myself.  I have seen a few friends that were unable to breastfeed for various reasons become very depresssed and feel like failures...I do not want to do that.  I plan on breastfeeding, pumping, and supplementing if necessary.  
I am going to breastfeed for as long as i can take it.  I want Chloe to be as healthy as possible.  My husband was a sickly baby so I am trying to take all precautions.  Plus I really like the idea of losing my baby weight faster.  And i really dont think we would be able to afford formula and all the diapers and everything it takes to raise a newborn.   So if I could save some money with not buying formula that would be awesome.  Plus I am able to take my dd to work with me, so breastfeeding while I am working wont be an issue.  Oh and one of my friends has one of the really nice breast pumps from the hospital so I am going to get new tubing for it and use it most of the time.  My husband wants me to pump all of the time so he can be able to feed her as well.  I am just hoping she is able to drink it.  I was allergic to my moms milk.  So i hope that is not the case with her.
I am going to try to breastfeed and pump also. In the end it will be whatever is best for the Fionn.
I will be breastfeeding exculsivlly for 12 wks before going back to work after that I will combine breastfeeding and formula.
Breastfeeding...made it 14 months with my daughter and 12 with my son but I'm not putting any stipulations on this one as I'm thinking it will be a little hard to breastfeed with two others who want to go go go....But I'm going to give it a good shot!  
im also going to breast feed this is my first so im hoping thats it will be ok
Im going to breast feed as long as he will take it. Im hoping at least a year. Some of the best advice I got was from a close friend who said to pump and freeze so that if you are out and a sitter or DH needs to feed the baby you have a back up supply.  Or if you prefer formula its always availalble.
Breast feeding and pumping while at work for six months.  No supplementing.  After that we may TTC again so might switch to formula.  BF my first two until they were at least 1.
That's what I said and now it's been 2 years.. I can't stop! I can't say NO to her! I need AA for breast feeding!