36 weeks pregnant and low platelets
I have 36 weeks pregnant and I have low platelets,can I get any advise of what I should eat or do to increase my platelets, I had the same problem with my first pregnancy of twins, my platelets went very low,at 80,000 and I was bleeding through my mouth the whole delivery , which took close to 3 days, I had them natural because the doctor told me that  I can't have a c-section...that will be a bad ending... I dont want this to happen with this pregnancy, please help me... I need my platelets up to deliver this baby... Im so scare.... now I have them on 104,000..What I should do... Please help me... God Bless!!!
I also have low platelets and I will be 34 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure what they will do about it but I was told I'm not a candidate for an epidural or c-section unless absolutely necessary due to excessive bleeding. Thankfully, I do not plan to have either. I think they will check them again at my appt tomorrow. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done though? Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
Do you have high blood pressure as well? there is a syndrome called HELLP that has elevated liver enzymes, high blood pressure and low platlets... i believe controlling the blood pressure can help with the platlets.. if worse came to worse they can always give you a transfusion of platlets as well, just like they do blood... what does your dr say? I'm not aware of anything you can eat to increase them, but i'd defintely talk to your dr about your concerns and make sure they know that they got even lower last time...they shoudl keep a close eye on that!   GOOD LUCK! : )
Yes, I was just going to come on and mention the HELLP syndrome. They are watching me for it and it can be serious, even fatal. So far, everything else is fine with me, but please make sure your physician is checking your liver enzymes, BP and urine for protein as well as visually checking for swelling. However, HELLP syndrome does not necessarily have to be associated with high BP. Often times the first and only signs are a lowering of platelets. Did you have a normal platelet count to begin with? I did, which makes it more of a concern.