Pregnancy: Nov 2009 Babies Community
Cucumber and Vinegar ?~?~?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2009.

Cucumber and Vinegar ?~?~?

hey ladies is it ok to eat cucmber and vinegar ??? while pregnant
:O why is it bad? I crave salt and vinegar chips all the time same with cucumbers and ranch dressing.. and I eat them like all the time.
lol i like ranch and cucmber also :0)  i was thinking b.c vinegar is like acidiy or something.. but i was craving for it soo i ate it :0) what other cravings do u have?
I haven't really had any problem with the acidness of it.. I just drink lots of water when I'm eating them and it seems to help.. oh man I CRAVE EVERYTHING.. but the one thing that I want all the time is steak!!! I use to hate steak, and my husband makes it for me all the time.. oo and baked potatos.. how about you? whats your baby been wanting to eat these days?
lol im kind of not wanting to eat b.c then i feel a little nausea and ive been gassy and that sux`s lol.. but other than that im fine.. i wanted hot chips the last few days and thats all fro now :0p
alo..I ate gerkins and mayo for a few weeks with my 2nd preg.My 1st preg i loved the smell of salt&vinegar...  P.S just be careful on the am0unt of vinegar you eat coz i heard it can thin your blood.Not sure if true. Enjoy your cravings :)
Thank you :0)
I've been craving steak too!  And big juicy grilled Hamburgers.  Maybe I'm iron deficient?  Or maybe those are just my weird cravings.  One thing I can't stand right now is coffee, which is really strange for me because I drank coffee every day before I got pregnant.  I have no desire for it now. Very weird!

Kelly
I don't know a pregnant woman who doesn't eat cucumbers and vinegar!  LOL :)  I have actually heard vinegar is good to soothe a pregnant stomache!  I know I have been eating a LOT of pickles!  I think you're safe!  The foods I've heard to stay away from are: Deli meats, sushi, soft cheeses (with the exceptions of cottage and cream cheese), too much fish, because of mercury levels (but a little is good for you), honey, and...that's all I can think of at the moment.  Anyone have any foods to add to that no-no list?
-1st
:O what!!! Honey is bad for you.. ahhhh nooooo..
man I got to get me some books lol.
haha oh man i'm the opposite of you Kelly.. when I'm working and a customer comes in with a coffee the smell makes me fell better.. and I just want to drink it all up.. and I'm not a coffee drinker..
I envy you 1st I used to live off pickles now they make me sick.. that could also be by the fat I ate a whole jar.. but at the time it was soo good..
but anyways ladies all this talk about food is making me feel sick.. so I'm going to sign off. happy cravings
Wait, why no honey??  Dang it!  :)
I don't know why no honey.  I think it has to to with the botcho something in honey.  I was just told no raw honey, but cooked into things is probably OK.  I'd say ask your OB, and tell me what he/she says!  Oh, I did forget to add coffee to that no-no list, but my OB said one cup a day is fine as long as it's not a really strong cup like Starbucks (my personal fav.)  She said one cup of Starbuck's is like 5 cups of coffee!
-1st
what about cream cheese? thats a soft cheese so is it a no-no too? and cheese whiz?
I think cream cheese is ok, just not feta, goat, blue, and other soft cheeses.  It about killed me at lunch today...went to California Pizza Kitchen craving the Mediterranean Salad.  I asked for it w/out feta (which was really hard because I LOVE feta), and the guy told me there's feta in the salad dressing.  I really wanted that spicy/tangy salad, but I went with a Thai salad instead.  It was good, but for some reason I can't get enough of salty/tangy/vinegary foods.  I even ate A1 steak sauce on my mashed potatoes the other night!  It was sooooo good. Hubby just shakes his head and chuckles :-)

Kelly
Cream cheese is safe from all I've heard.  Cottage cheese also safe.  I'm not sure about Cheez Whiz, but it sure sounds good right now!  Oooo on Ritz Crackers!
-1st
I thought I was the only one who craved lots of pickles. I have went through 2 jars in one week. I also love crawfish, New Orleans style. LOL.
I envy you with the pickles. I use to live off them, and my baby doesn't think I should put them in my belly lol.
Don't know if anyone's still interested but soft cheese is only a no-no if it's NOT pasturised.  And it's rare to find non-pasturised cheese these days... Particularly in N. America.  I eat feta all the time but I make sure that it says it's made from PASTURISED milk. Hope that helps some of you!!
am i alone in craving chocolate ANYTHING and cake, cookies, ice cream, etc? i was never a sweets person. I always ate salty and spicy. Now I can't get enough sweets. I had a dream a couple nights ago I bought 3 different boxed cake mixes. That's just weird! Then I went to the grocery and bought mix to make brownies, chocolate pudding, Popsicles, oreos and ice cream. I even baked a fun-fetti cake, i DONT bake!!! Hubby is having a hay day because i never had food like this in the house before.