Weird Question - Strong gag reflex
Ok, so this is a strange question but I have to ask it.  Since I became pregnant, I noticed my gag reflex is very strong.  I can't hardly brush my back teeth without throwing up (sorry, TMI I know).  I've thought about getting a baby toothbrush to see if it might help with this problem.  Has anyone else experienced a stronger gag reflex during pregnancy?

Kelly
oh yea! first of all i'm pukey anyways,, but forget about trying to brush my tongue except the tip, and even then i gag.. granted, at this point i gag just looking at food or a toilet! haha... i have to take medicine to not gag all day long, and that helps a tiny bit.. but i think its all normal.. if my stomach is feeling especially strong, i'll use a tongue cleaner and try to get my tongue then...as soon as we get to our 2nd trimester it should get better! : )  
completely normal!! i'll be walking through the house and if i smell something strong i'll gag like crazy.. and seriously have to distracr myself from throwing up.
but i think with the toothbrush i think either way it will sill make you gag. try not to brush your tongue as far as you usually would. that helped me.  hopefull you start feeling better!!!
Thanks for your responses!  I'm glad to hear that this is normal.  Hopefully it will go away within the next month or so...i'm 8 wks along.

Thanks again for your help :)

Kelly
That was my first sign of pregnancy that I can remember, my gag reflexes! I don't have any morning sickness, but everytime I brush my teeth I gag and feel like I'm going to throw up as well. I just don't brush the back back teeth and my tongue as well. And I'm an anal teeth brusher! :) I think it will go away towards the 2nd trimester. I'm almost 11 wks and it's better than it was in the beginning. hang in there!
Michelle