Pregnancy: Nov 2009 Babies Community
fetal doppler

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2009.

fetal doppler

Since I can't see my OB till about 4 weeks from now I thought it would be cool to rent a fetal doppler.  Best thing ever.  I could hear and see the fetal heart rate. It just eases my mind, when I know my little peanut is alive and well.  Is anyone else using it.  
i have one as well, and its sooo great!!! its just nice to have a little peace of mind! i go to the ob every 3 weeks, but still thats seems like forever! so its great to be able to hear out little ones ticker at anytime! i highly recommend it! : )
how do you get one?!
I got mine from babybeats.com, I rented it for 3 months costing me about 132 dollars, it can be cheaper or more expensive I wanted the display so I can read my baby's actually heart beat.  read up on it on the website.
wow... not cheap huh?
a friend is letting me borrow theirs.. it doesn't have the display for the heartrate, but its really easy to count the beats and calculate.. i can't wait till we can feel the little ones move!!!!
I bought mine for $150 from amazon.com (sonotrax) because I could have it for longer than a rental and sell when I'm done.  There are some for $50 or less on ebay but I wanted a high enough frequency to hear and see the rate at 9 weeks.  Once you're at 12 weeks a cheaper one with 2mhz of frequency should be fine.  My baby's heart rate is consistently in the 130's, while I read that others' are in the 160's.  I am in the normal range, but the doppler has given me one more thing to worry about...consider that before getting one :-)
i just rented one..should get it next week- hope it works!
ok- so got my doppler today. was excited about getting it going. took awhile to find the HB. started to freak a little. well then i found it, i think, i dont have the one that tells you the bpm but it said to count beats for 15 sec then multiply by 4. well i keep getting only 92! thats too low. so now im really freaking out! where i seemed to have found the HB was way over on my right side low almost on my pelvic bone. does that seem right? im 12w 4d. maybe someone can help me out?!
I didnt want the stress of trying to figure it out that is why I rented the one with the display.  We have so many things with blood flow down there that it is hard to tell, like, your heart beat could be found down there, the blood flow through the placenta and other weird things.  I dont think that is your baby's heart beat so dont worry.  Did it come with a CD to help differentiate the types of sounds??.  At this stage in you pregnancy the doppler should be way down below you belly button almost by your pubic area and it should have a steady beat like yours X 2 or more. If you still cant find the correct beat, then see the company's exchange policy, If you got it from baby beats.com, I think you have ten days to return it with no extra charge because you cant use it.