Pregnancy: Nov 2010 Babies Community
Anterior Placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2010.

Anterior Placenta

I had my follow to our ultrasound yesterday afternoon and my dr said everything is looking great and the babies are measuring to be 22 weeks and both are weighing just under a pound. (I'm only 20 weeks) Which is good! But he also said my placenta is postioned anterior to the babies. He didn't seem concerned and just said the feeling movement at the beginning would be more difficult but not a big deal, once they are bigger (about 24 weeks) I will be able to feel them. But reading online about it says the placenta can drop during delivery and make it impossible for a vaginal delivery but it also says that if it doesn't drop it can be in the way during a c-section. Any one have similar experience?
My personal knowledge(not an expertise:): Anterior location just mean that you may feel baby kicks with little more difficulty to a certain GA and if you undergo CSec then they will have to cut through placenta,none of the things to be worried about. The placenta doesnot drop in preganncy instead move higher up if it was lower in early weeks. So just relax and enjoy:)
Ant placenta does come in the way during c section which means there could be more blood loss than usual. nothing much to worry about though. just keep your hemoglobin up. that would look after the problem.