Fear of labor
Im 28weeks and 5days this will be my first child.
Im scared of labor and i want to get epidural but i dont want to get paralyzed what does it feel like and does it help alot??
When I had my first baby they waited way too long to give me an epidural, I didnt feel it go in my back at all, but unfortunately as soon as the anesthesiologist got the needle in my back, it slipped out and the baby was crowning so I had to just go all natural for that one.

The second one was fine, I got an epidural with my very first contraction (my water broke at 2 am, didnt have a contraction until 630). I didn't feel that one either. Some say it feels like a bee sting in your back, but I had a great anethesiologist and I didnt feel a thing. The numbing started in a few minutes after they were done and I didn't feel any pain what so ever with that birth. This probably isnt the typical reaction with an epidural, but my last one was awesome. I was only in labor for 2 hours so it didnt get a chance to wear off. I also was able to walk 30 minutes after I had her, my legs never went numb either, guess I was very lucky:)

I am going through the exact same! I don't want to take any chances of being paralyzed or getting drop foot. I've spoke to my step mom and watched birthing videos. My step mom said see had all 3 of hers natural, and the pain goes away as soon as that beautiful baby is in your arms. After watching many videos, I noticed it seemed to be true. I'm no longer scared of giving birth.(: