Pregnancy: Nov 2012 Babies Community
birthing big bubs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2012.

birthing big bubs

Hi, this is my first post and im just looking for some reassurance I suppose. I'm pregnant with my 3rd due mid Nov, all natural births with no drugs and no tears or stitches so far. 1st was a girl, weighing 9p 14ou, second was a boy born at 10p 6ou. Again, haven't torn with either births. This one is a boy as well and is measuring larger than our last boy at this stage. We are expecting him to be a bit bigger, but my doc is estimating around 11p.. which honesty is a little daunting im super scared of tearing. Is there any way I could naturally have an 11p baby without tearing? My doc is also trying to talk me into being induced early before he gets to big. Which I'm not even considering as I think it's unnecessary. my husband is freaking out though and scared the baby is going to get stuck. It's important to know that my babies are genetically large not because of diabetes or anything. They are just huge. But my husband is 6foot 7inches. And really big, not overweight just huge he was born 10p 13ou. So big babies is no surprise.. knowing that I haven't torn in the past does that mean the chances of me tearing on my third are small? am I doing the right thing by rejecting induction?
Anyway thanks for any responses  :-)
I had a 5lbs 13oz baby the first time  and my doc cut me, so who knows it seems like your body can handle big babies. This is also my 3rd. My second i didnt tear or get cut because she was smaller than my first, they are girls and now im with a boy im scared any bigger than 5lbs and i will have to get cut again :/